Greylist Server DOGS OF THE STATE: OUTPOSTS [FeedTheBeast - MindCrack v8] [1.4.7] [Mature] [Military Minded]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
This gave me the opportunity to reset my cable modem and my router and load optifine standard vs ultra. Maybe some of these random disconnects will stop.

jvonbon

Jul 29, 2019
Not to throw another mod suggestion out there so soon after you pulled dynmap but have you taken a look forge irc. A lot of us enjoyed being able to access server chat while we are "offline".

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
Not to throw another mod suggestion out there so soon after you pulled dynmap but have you taken a look forge irc. A lot of us enjoyed being able to access server chat while we are "offline".

Sorry to be a wet blanket here, but I'd just as soon see in-game chat limited to people who are actually in-game.

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
About mining: Some of our new players may not be aware of our underground limits.

Please keep mining under your plot limited to under your plot. Don't dig past your boundaries please. The underground next to you may be vacant now, but it could be part of someone else's plot someday. No one wants to move in and find the place minded out below. If you want another mine, go ahead and start one out in the wild, make it 2000 blocks or more from the center of the map. Just remember that in-the-wild mines are public, so others may visit. If you find yourself with more than you can carry then hide it somewhere.

FlightFreq

Jul 29, 2019
I appear to be crashing out every time I try to log in :-(
Was just running to Moon's place for some marble, not sure what happened. Crash report attached.

Attachments

• crash-2013-02-03_19.50.51-client.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 76

IamMooningham

Jul 29, 2019
Flight i assume you loaded my chunk and crashed.. Make sure you have TrainCraft Disabled.. along with steave carts and xycraft

DocHuzz

Jul 29, 2019
What a pity... I was really enjoying the ability to talk to my Dogs without logging in again, just like with MCChat app on Android. Que serra serra I guess. Be back soon hopefully, heading to the big city on the 12th unless I can get a ride sooner and I'll be mouse-bound again!

R8MC

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my application :)
  • Have you READ everything before this? Yes I have.
  • How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? Around 20 Minutes, MiC...(forgot the rest of his username) was kind enough to give me a tour around the server, he was very friendly.
  • Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, México.
  • How old are you? 25
  • If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? N/A
  • What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
  • What is your Minecraft Username? R8MC
  • What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Skyrim, AoE III, sometimes Fallout NV.
  • What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Exploring and Building, figuring out mechanical, machinery and redstone stuff.
  • If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? At least 3 or 4 times a week for 2 hours, and more on the weekends.
  • What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I mostly play after work, from around 6 to 10pm, sometimes I also freelance on the weekends, but most of my evenings are free.
  • Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I am very friendly, a Team Player and really like it when stuff is organized like your server is, order and camaraderie.
  • (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? This will be my first real FTB Server.
  • (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? No military experience :( .
Thank you in advance! =D

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
Server Down

Seems we are hitting a Memory wall. I am going to yank Dynamap. Gimme 15 min.

Did you have dynmap set to High rez with a full render? If so, that will pancake a server for quite a while while while it is rendering. You can do a low rez render, or give the admins the option to kill the rez during "peak" times and start it again to run overnights.

M!C

Jul 29, 2019
Did you have dynmap set to High rez with a full render? If so, that will pancake a server for quite a while while while it is rendering. You can do a low rez render, or give the admins the option to kill the rez during "peak" times and start it again to run overnights.
I've been monitoring things very closely since I really wanted to have dynmap but even when I shut off rendering completely for extended periods of time the server's performance dropped noticably.

SirJerryTheGreen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I saw a few posts on g+ pop up while I was at drill about needing v8 and not 8.1. Now that I'm back and wanting to get on I find that I have the same problem. Was that ever remedied in any way, or should I just wait for the server to update again?

danw3st

Jul 29, 2019
So, I saw a few posts on g+ pop up while I was at drill about needing v8 and not 8.1. Now that I'm back and wanting to get on I find that I have the same problem. Was that ever remedied in any way, or should I just wait for the server to update again?

Jerry, we're at 8.0.1, just be sure to use the Edit Mod Pack button to disable Stevescarts Traincraft and xycraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.