Votes: 210 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yos

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the launcher, but it is missing something kind of important for servers (since it does have server support). Updating a server takes some manual intervention and sometimes that may not happen immediately after an update to the modpack. So there should be a way to rollback or select an older version of a modpack if you are trying to get on and play on a server that hasn't had a chance to update yet after the pack gets updated.

Bluman124

Jul 29, 2019
For me the launcher isn't remembering the profile, so I have to recreate a new profile each time I launch FTB. Maybe it's because my account is migrated...

Xach

Jul 29, 2019
I just hit my shortcut to the launcher.jar(downlaoded a couple weeks ago) and had no mods load, it took me to a vanilla Minecraft install, deleted everything in the FTB folder redownloaded the launcher and it fired up with no problems on the FTBbetaA pack (apart from the usual 1.4.2 console errors), though how did it remember my login details after I'd nuked the contents of the folder?
Also tried the Universal Electricity pack it crashed, but the launcher worked flawlessly.
Yeah, the same thing is happening with my Universal Electricity mod pack

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher works for me, although I no longer use it. Right now I prefer MultiMc. If the Launcher had the ability for us to make our own "instances", I'd happily use it.

smene

Jul 29, 2019
With Oracle Java 7 in Ubuntu 12.04 it does not work.

We have to update LWJGL after it work well

so maybe add a option like MultiMC for this update

sorry for my english

bensonrecon

Jul 29, 2019
No. Had issues when it went public getting any pack to download. Now I can run the retro pack but no other pack will download from the launcher whether I turn off firewalls and AV or not

Ciesson

Jul 29, 2019
Works great for me!

I did have an issue when I first used it, where creeperhost was down, so the mods didnt download. The problem was that it didn't give me an error message, it just downloaded vanilla MC.

I think you did implement a fix for this, to warn if repo is down, IIRC the patch notes.

Thanks again guys, cheers!

raggedreece

Jul 29, 2019
for me it works at starting up but when it starts up any instance it crashes before the mojang screen and closes everything including the terminal.
(edit) its ok though because i just add the mods to multimc

MadDoctor5813

Jul 29, 2019
It works well, except Multi-MC can't appear to launch it with optifine installed, instead spitting out a code 1 error.

Lightholder

Jul 29, 2019
I usually use multimc rather than the other launchers I've used because of the ease of adding the mods I like that aren't in the mod packs. FTB launcher gives me that capability too. It's the first launcher I've actually used past the initial setup.

Tentonaxe

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the launcher, it works very well and doesn't stop me from playing ssp when the servers are down. Also really like how the Maps tab works.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
No problem for me with Win7 and Java 7.
However, I had to upgrade from Java 6 before it would work at all. And initially it had somehow managed to find and use a 32 bit version of Java I had installed somewhere, even though Minecraft had run with 64 bit just fine until then. Let me tell you, you do not want to run FTB with only 1GB of RAM available!

Status
Not open for further replies.