Votes: 210 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnifikus

Jul 29, 2019
working like a charm in normal use (despite he has thrown a shitload of errors at me while developing it ;) )

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I just hit my shortcut to the launcher.jar(downlaoded a couple weeks ago) and had no mods load, it took me to a vanilla Minecraft install, deleted everything in the FTB folder redownloaded the launcher and it fired up with no problems on the FTBbetaA pack (apart from the usual 1.4.2 console errors), though how did it remember my login details after I'd nuked the contents of the folder?
Also tried the Universal Electricity pack it crashed, but the launcher worked flawlessly.

Ma77h3hac83r

Jul 29, 2019
Works perfect for me and always connects to my server and loads all of the mods. The only thing that is missing is RP. :)

septimus

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't download the mods, just said check your connection. I have very good connection though....

Alexander_18

Jul 29, 2019
I like the launcher fine, i just hate how if u hit update it doesn't warn you that you can't play on a server since the server hasn't updated yet. can get kind of annoying, would like to see this feature added. like a warning after u click install update that says "You may not be able to play after this update since the server you play on may not be updated" just in case you accidentally update or if you didn't know!

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
I like the launcher fine, i just hate how if u hit update it doesn't warn you that you can't play on a server since the server hasn't updated yet. can get kind of annoying, would like to see this feature added. like a warning after u click install update that says "You may not be able to play after this update since the server you play on may not be updated" just in case you accidentally update or if you didn't know!

we have the ability to backdate the modpacks in the next version :)[DOUBLEPOST=1355019829][/DOUBLEPOST]
It doesn't download the mods, just said check your connection. I have very good connection though....

could be a firewall/antivirus interfering with it

Reactions: ScottWears

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher is one of the best ones I have used. Hell at moments its a better one then some of the big time retail games launchers. So please keep up the great work.

Jordan Pittman

Jul 29, 2019
I did hit a snag where I needed to remove my Java 7 installation to force the launcher to launch Minecraft with Java 6 (I had both installed side-by-side). I'm running on OS X Mountain Lion. Hopefully there'll be an update to LWJGL that actually works with Java 7 on OS X… An option to specify a path to the Java binary to launch MC with would be great (like Magic Launcher has) until as such a time that Java 7, LWJGL and Minecraft start working together on OS X.

The only other issue I have with it is that it can be a pain that you can resize the window, making it necessary to scroll through the list of mods in the mod pack description. Other than that, the launcher works well!

Halla

Jul 29, 2019
My only complaint with the Launcher is the game window size, if it could do the same that MultiMC does and have a "Start Maximized" instead of the Height/Width that it has now, or on top of that feature, then there would be no complaints from this end.

septimus

Jul 29, 2019
could be a firewall/antivirus interfering with it[/quote]

I have no firewall nor do I have an antivirus. I have tried to disable them to get it to work with no avail. I love FTB, I just wish it would work for me D:

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019
Nearly always works. Two or three times I've had it hang while in the process of loading the lists of packs and maps. Neglected to get the report on it, though.

dirtybeatfreak

Jul 29, 2019
Recently upgraded to Windows 8 (not out of choice) because I need to learn the enviroment. Launcher will not work with Java 7 update 9 or the Java 7 SDK for me. I am having to un-install and re-install Java 7/SDK when I need to use it.

I have tried loads of variations of having just x32 and x64 Java... or both and having Java 6 installed.

Only works if it is just Java 6 :( My windows 7 installation had them all installed with no probs and the launcher was flawless for me on there.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
The only time I have ever had a problem was like a week after launch when something happened and I think it was offline for a few hours. Other than that the launcher has been absolutely fantastic. It does not feel like a beta at all to me. (Is it still a beta?) It has by FAR exceeded all expectations.

johahs95

Jul 29, 2019
It's working fine for me, however, I see how many other people have updated to 1.4.5 with the Magic World pack? But I can't seem to find the Magic pack in my launcher. Any ideas why? Saw something about the magic pack being deactivated but not sure..

- Johahs95

Status
Not open for further replies.