Votes: 210 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
So, we wanted to see how many people have the launcher working against how many people don't have it working. Working meaning it launches minecraft, with all the mods installed. Bugs in modpacks shouldn't count towards the vote here.

If you find the time, we would appreciate it if you could vote :)

DemonXxSpartan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the launcher works great, but I no longer use it because I play with all of the mods on 1.4.5 using multi mc. I really wish that the pack was updated seeing that all of the mods are up to date in 1.4.5

Vaupell

Jul 29, 2019
Works fine,
On both Win8 64bit java 7 and Win7 64bit java 6

However, I still find it strange the download + running the game is done in the same action.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the launcher works great, but I no longer use it because I play with all of the mods on 1.4.5 using multi mc. I really wish that the pack was updated seeing that all of the mods are up to date in 1.4.5

The top pack is a beta pack, designed to test the launcher, there will be a few other packs that will be updated very regularly :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I really like the mod disabling function. That's the only reason why I use magiclauncher. with multimc, you can't really disable mods like the FTB launcher or magic launcher can, just delete them.

but anyways, the launcher works great in all aspects but one. If you install additional mods, updating a modpack will delete all of the custom mods, requiring you to install them again.

Lost Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
On Kubuntu 12.10, launcher works fine apart from the 'Open Folder' buttons (in the mod selection screen) throwing an error and not opening the folder. And what Goreae mentions.

Also when backing up configs when you update a pack there doesn't seem to be an actual backup... or not that I have found.

TnTBlockMan

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher works like a charm no problems for me, plus all the mod packs added so far have been fantastic. Only one thing that I have a question mark against is the "Maps" section for the launcher, it could do with a little more tweaking to have maps only selectable for the mod packs they are designed for. I can see as more maps are added to that list it could make end users a little confused as to which mod pack to use.

Dcard

Jul 29, 2019
this thing works extremely good the only thing that could make it better is if it had a auto-item-id-maker so if some one wants to ad a mod on just have to just to set it in and wont worry about the id problem ^^

Grimfear

Jul 29, 2019
Never had an issue with the launcher! Love how easy it is to select different packs and edit mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.