Does the FTB General Pack include Galacticraft and Backpacks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Endarire

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings, all!

A few years ago when I played FTB, I liked it in general but lamented it lacked Galacticraft and backpacks. Are these included in the newest FTB General Pack? If not, what would be involved in including them?

Thankee!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Galacticraft has not updated (and hasn't been updated for a couple of MC versions), this is not an FTB thing, but a Galacticraft mod maker thing. Try looking up the Galacticraft wikki, or github and request an update.

As for backpacks, there are current backpack mods. Feel free to add them in.

Endarire

Jul 29, 2019
Thankee!

Since Galacticraft is outdated and the mod author has given people permission to include this mod in mod compilations, may we get an unofficial update to be compatible with FTB?

What backpack mods are already in FTB?

Galacticraft has not updated (and hasn't been updated for a couple of MC versions), this is not an FTB thing, but a Galacticraft mod maker thing. Try looking up the Galacticraft wikki, or github and request an update.

As for backpacks, there are current backpack mods. Feel free to add them in.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There aren't any versions of Galacticraft that will work with the newer MC versions is the issue.

If you want a similar mod that adds like: rockets, space suits, space stations, travel to other planets, moonbases and such, look up Advanced Rocketry. I know for a fact that's updated to like MC v1.16.5