Does FTB Unleashed work with Minecraft 1.7.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badnelly

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm new to Minecraft, so I apologise if I'm asking something I should know.

I have installed Minecraft 1.7.2 today. Now the kids are after mods, so I've installed FTB Unleashed. The FTB launcher loads it's own version of Minecraft (1.5.2).

Is it possible to update the version of Minecraft that the FTB Launcher uses?
Or is FTB only compatible with version 1.5.2?

Reactions: Awesomeness1554

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Only for 1.5.2 nothing more. I would say that currently all mods are only upto 1.6.4 or earlier because forge will have to update first before any mods do.

Reactions: badnelly

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I'll fill you in on a few things. FTB and most other modpacks/mods are 1-2 versions behind Mojang. The last few updates have changed how minecraft works. The modders had to basically rewrite their mods to the cores. The good thing is that it is paving the way for future updates to be much faster. There have been a few patches where modpacks were 3+ months after the game release.
I'd expect FTB to be moving to 1.6.x soon. Almost all the mods are working and the ones that aren't are close. It isn't an exact time, but in Direwolf20's latest video, he said his pack was almost ready and expect it in 2 weeks or so. He is waiting to start his next Lets Play until it is out so everyone can play it at the same time with him.
On a side note, seeing as you are new to MC, I have to say you found the best place and modpack. Most people here would agree. Good luck.

Awesomeness1554

Jul 29, 2019
Have fun playing and modding Minecraft hope you enjoy the game and all the ups, downs, waiting, and mobs that you will encounter my friend. Good luck and have fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.