Does FTB support custom skins?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. Does FTB support custom player skins? If so, how do we use them? I know we can install texture packs through the FTB Launcher, but I couldn't find a section for skins. I'm assuming it's possible because VintageBeef of the Mindcrack team uses a cool basketball skin on their private server, but I have no idea how.

I know if we go to minecraft.net and change our skin in our profile it will work for vanilla, but it doesn't carry over to FTB, so I'm clueless as to how to install any. Any help would be appreciated.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
It should carry over to FTB. My alchemist skin did.

Thank you, it did. That was odd, though, because I loaded up FTB and launched single player and it wasn't there. Quit and loaded up my private server and it wasn't there either. Maybe some sort of server delay? *shrug* In either case, it's working now. Thank you!

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
It should carry over to FTB. My alchemist skin did.

you also use an alchemist skin? :D

mine is edward elric of fullmetal alchemist

20130130001341.jpg

I'm curious to see yours :)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
2013-01-30_01.53.01.png

Kind of a generic-y middle aged guy in fancy robes. Looks exactly the part of a tinkerer in things arcane, ready for labwork.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Thank you, it did. That was odd, though, because I loaded up FTB and launched single player and it wasn't there. Quit and loaded up my private server and it wasn't there either. Maybe some sort of server delay? *shrug* In either case, it's working now. Thank you!
Skins are loaded from the minecraft skin servers. If you are not connected to the internet, the skin won't show up.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
*points to signiture*
yes it's not exactly original, but the head I did do myself... the standard creeper head is far too light for my liking

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
This is the john smith texture pack - took the picture during the sunset of a minecraft day.

Unfortunately, my render distance isn't set to far - I found a cliff that goes up to 118 or so and dangles around 20 blocks out over a valley, so I put that tower on the very end. A consequence of it being so high up is that the ground doesn't actually render unless I kill my graphics card lol.

Michaela

Jul 29, 2019
This really upsets me because I've tried uploading several different skins through minecraft and I would wait awhile and try logging in and logging out...I don't know what I'm doing wrong but no matter what I do, it wont carry over...I am currently doing this for a multiplayer server and I was using the Brony Modpack for FTB 1.5.2. Please help, its really irritating me <_>

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I love Halo and Iron Man and other FMA, I don't like using those skins. I'd prefer a well-done skin that goes well with everything, like an underwear-only or underwear and tanktop only skin.

But it's hard to find good skins when I don't like what i see on PlanetMinecraft.
And MinecraftSkins just has 90 pages of "hot scene girl" (which is just the same skin with different color hair, it disgusts me) or "naked guy".

:'c

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
The first two are of my fire elemental skin that I use. It's the first one I drew and put effort into. I wanted it to be transparent in the middle, but I couldn't use transparency so I just filled it in and added the fire symbol.

The 3rd and 4th ones are of my water elemental. It's the last thing I drew, and it looks terrible because I used a randomizer brush so most of it is a single randomized color. My fire elemental was entirely 100% hand-drawn, without this randomizer effect.

The 5th and 6th ones are actually of an Altair skin (from the original AC), and it's the last one I downloaded. I had one before, but it wasn't good and there was a face in the front part which really made it look stupid. It was a woman's face, so I kinda abandoned it because it wasn't very accurate. It was also missing alot of weapons and other stuff. Then I downloaded this one and it's awesome for when I do use it.

http://imageshack.us/g/706/20130601235757.png/

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
you also use an alchemist skin? :D

mine is edward elric of fullmetal alchemist

20130130001341.jpg

I'm curious to see yours :)

I used Alphonse skin for a while, it was fucking AWESOME!

Ontopic: Skins should carry over to FTB, my Scientist Stoner Satanic Santa skin shows perfectly fine in FTB.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to use transparency on skins?
Because, I think it would be fantastic to have half sized legs with my skin.. >.>
<.<

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to use transparency on skins?
Because, I think it would be fantastic to have half sized legs with my skin.. >.>
<.<

No.
It makes the transparency black, whatever you do.
I think it was possible a long time ago but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.