Does Friendly Wisps bring into bad things?

Airbornehurdle

Jul 29, 2019
I never did Thuamcraft but I have recently found friendly wisps around my base and I was wondering why would they come to my base. My little brother says that they might be spying on us and then when they're done they just gonna tell their master what was happening and they are gonna plan a invasion to us which on kinda stupid cause wisps don't to that and they don't have a master. Silly old brother :p but seriously are they gonna bring into bad things or they just friendly.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
"Friendly" wisps are created the same way that the aggressive ones are. It really depends on what kinds of essentia are in the air.

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
Some wisps are aggressive, some are passive ( unless attacked ) and others are friendly.
No wisps do bad things, it is more the opposite, because they spawn to lower the flux level. High flux is bad and can cause bad things to happen like Giant Zombies or Thaumic Lightning

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
i dont do TC much, But i concider those things to be a shot across the bow,
Because hostile ones arent too much flux away

(Unless i'm wrong, I know hardly anything of TC :D!)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
From the wiki:
" A wisp is a flying mob which spawns from aura nodes with a high flux level.

Most wisps are neutral and will not attack unless you provoke them, if the flux in the area is above high, or you get too close to the node. Small exceptions include wisps containing mutatio, malum, and mortuus as their primary aspects, which will attack you on sight (purple, red, and black wisps, respectively)"

Basically your base is either near an aura node with high flux or someone moved a wisp spawner and is trolling you. I mention the spawner because you mentioned your older brother. I'm an older brother and I would have trolled a younger sibling that way ;).

Either way you can move your base, armor up and deal with them, or learn about Thaumcraft and fix the node.