Do People Enjoy Modded City Servers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
H

Hawkeyeheel

I am wondering if people out there in the modded minecraft world. That play on servers where it is based on people building cities an towns an helping each other out. I am looking to start up one but looking for feedback before i do.

And is keeping it vanilla modded a good idea. No plugins maybe

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoy small community living projects (2-4 people). I do not like vanilla though.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
What does "vanilla modded" mean?

Speaking only for myself, I am always on the lookout for a server that is:

* modded with an interesting FTB pack like AOE.
* has a community of semi casual builders so its not just a frenetic rush through the tech tree and then a mostly empty server after 1.5 months,
* is based around public / community builds.

I've never found such a thing. I don't think its possible because running costs, and griefing mean you can't open such a server up to the general community, and an invite only / whitelist server is going to struggle to find a large enough community of interested players to keep it going. Plus everyones tastes on which modpack is hot enough to play longterm are quite fickle.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I have a hard time believing it's possible to have a quality experience like that with strangers or with a large group. But it's great with friends in a small group. I've done it a few times with 3-4 close real life friends. They still only last 1.5 months and we never go back to the same world again to keep going. Always ends up in a new world.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I have a hard time believing it's possible to have a quality experience like that with strangers or with a large group. But it's great with friends in a small group. I've done it a few times with 3-4 close real life friends. They still only last 1.5 months and we never go back to the same world again to keep going. Always ends up in a new world.

I get what you're saying. I've done it a few times with strangers in a 2-3 person server and had a really great time... but I've also met some buttheads too.

H

Hawkeyeheel

Vanilla modded in my opnion is a great modpack no banned items an no plugins. An to most of the points its hard to find people that can play on a server like that an not he buttheads. But i womder if there is a way it could work wirh a modest server size of 20