Do different kinds of regeneration effects stack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
hey.
let's say i have a tainted Blood Pendant (botania) which gives regeneration 2 while wearing it ...
and also the Fallen Kanade (botania) which gives Regeneration 3 while i am around.

do those two effects stack? does that regenerate more than just the fallen kanade by itself?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't know for 100% certain because I've never tried stacking that specific effect in that specific way, but from eveything I have messed around with, everything stacks. You'd end up getting, say, Regeneration V. At least from what I've seen with other mods that add spell effects. For example, I'll have speed V though some mod, then drink a speed potion, I'll have even more speed.

There may well be something that prevents this in this case that I'm unaware of, so don't take that to heart.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Status effects of the same kind do *NOT* stack, The highest level counts, and the lesser one gets cancelled.

This can be used to ones advantage: I've seen in one CTM map, the player is given custom splash potions with poison-2 for 1 second. These potions where called "Antidote" They cancelled the poison-1 from witches that last up to 30 seconds.

That said; It is possible that some mods create a "different" status effect that does functionally the same thing, both status effects can be active at the same time, effectively stacking.

Also: Not everything is a status effect! The speed given by magical boots is not the same as the speed given by a speed potion. Only the latter is a status effect. The speed-2 potion doesn't stack with a speed-1 potion and it doesn't stack with the effect of a speed beacon. But it does stack with the speed boots.

So the answer to your question depends a bit on how the regeneration effect is implemented.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
The speed given in the mods I've personally used has the Speed # effect on the inventory screen, and when I add to it, it adds to that number as well as increases my speed.

Entirely possible that this is something specific with those mods, I'm not sure. But on my pack, they definitely stack.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
i just found a setup to test it.
it seems like everyoe has a different experience.
and here's my result: both of you were wrong. at least in my case.

when i get regeneration 3 from the fallen kanade and then activate the pendant, i get regeneration 3. it doesn't get overwritten by the pendant, and also doesn't add up.
BUT:
when i first activate the pendant with regeneratin 2, and then step on the fallen kanade, i DO NOT get regeneration 3. i just keep my regeneration 2.

so my result in this setup: the effect that as buffed first, counts. the second one doesn't apply