DNACraft - Work in progress

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Yup! It'll hook into power systems if they're available. If they're not it'll remove the restriction.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
This is amazing o_O
Its like ExtraBees but with proper mobs and stuff, I can't wait to play around with it.

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Are all mobs created this way permanent? Or is there a trait to make them so?
Created what way?

The DNA dictates how it'll look, what it'll drop..etc..

If you want, you can use a syringe on an existing mob or mutant mob to take a blood sample, and you can use that sample to create new clones (or splice that clone dna with something else).

Normal breeding works too, and it'll use a mixture of the dna from the two parents. Although - they wont breed if they're too genetically different.

All behaviours, looks..etc.. are defined by their DNA.

nsmyrnos

Jul 29, 2019
Via the egg system (I assume that's the only way you would be able to breed hostile mobs, right?). Will the resulting mutant mobs be permanent, or do they despawn like regular monsters?

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see what you mean.

Well, to start with you can breed hostile mobs naturally! Not just via eggs. They're quite hard to feed, though..
At the moment I believe they can despawn - but I'll make sure they don't when I release it. :)

benben500

Jul 29, 2019
If you want, you can use a syringe on an existing mob or mutant mob to take a blood sample, and you can use that sample to create new clones (or splice that clone dna with something else).

If you add cloning, please make it so that cloning slowly destroys parts of the DNA every time it is cloned. It would be realistic (I think).

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
If you add cloning, please make it so that cloning slowly destroys parts of the DNA every time it is cloned. It would be realistic (I think).

Nope, this is not what happens when you clone an organism. It's true that clones tend to be short-lived compared to parent species, but not because of the destruction of DNA.

DiamondDoctor

Jul 29, 2019
You[DOUBLEPOST=1360965091][/DOUBLEPOST]You could do some form of spash potions thing..like extract pig dna, craft or use gunpowder and a waterbottle, and turn it into a wayto throw this at mobs, and they will either slowly turn into them, or instantly do so. For example, Ive always wanted a pet zombie..so maybe you could make some Anti Hostility potion, and if you threw it a a mob, it could become a pet, attacking other mobs, etc. And then do an opposite potion, such as supercharging mobs,like flaming sleketon arrows, or slightly faster zombies. And for SMP, you could turn your friends into pig-Steves..without First person effects. I love this idea!

DiamondDoctor

Jul 29, 2019
And you could turn dogs into hostile mobs that attacked ANYTHING. That would be cool...if your not getting attacked by it, of course...

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
You may want to look at Forestry and Extra Bees, as that's two of the big FTB mods that deals with breeding and genetics. It would be awesome if we could have integration between your mod and those.

Then we could get SWARMS OF TELEPORTING EXPLODING BEES THAT SHOOT EXPLODING TELEPORTING STINGERS AT YOU, OR YOUR ENEMIES!

AND EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE!

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
A very very very (very) very very very early alpha version in case anyone wants to have a mess around:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4295615/DNACraft-0.0.0.8.zip

DNA splicing at the moment is just 50/50 of each DNA, so you have little control over the fine tuning of the DNA. The splicing machine will be much more advanced in the future.

Also, all mob aggression includes creeper exploding at the moment. I forgot to disable it before I did a build, and it's Saturday evening so I'm going to watch some films ;)

Everything is undocumented! if you need some help with machines maybe post a reply or maybe catch me on espernet irc #DNACraft :)

Reactions: Yuka

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I love this idea. It's just like Minechem in the sense that it adds variation, mixing, and just plain science in general :D can't wait to see the final result