Divine RPG - Knowledge Repository (and tips and tricks)

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Because Divine RPG is a terrible, terrible mod in that the difficulty jump from vanilla to low-tier Divine RPG content is just absolutely brutal and any progress that is lost potentially means starting over from the beginning.
Not that I mean to bash it. It's a fantastic mod, but it's also terrible in its own way.

EDIT: Re-working thread organization and turn it into a full blown guide.

So I figure that I'd start a thread to contain random bits of knowledge on the mod. Just to make things easier on anyone else.

- If you're an absolute beginner to Divine RPG, under no conditions are you to accept a spawn in Jungles, Deserts or any kind of snowy biome. They spawn Divine RPG mobs on the surface, and starting off in one of them is literally a death sentence if you have no idea how to handle them. Forests, Swamps and Plains are good areas to start in.

- Do not delve deeper than Y-33 without Iron equipment. Cave Crawlers start spawning at Y-32 and they are one of the easiest mobs introduced by Divine RPG, but they make vanilla mobs look like cave bats. Even then, don't count on armor to keep you safe; all Divine RPG mobs can damage you easily without any Protection enchants.

- Under no circumstances are you to delve deeper than Y-17 without a ranged weapon. Lucrative mobs in the form of Rotaticks and Eyes will spawn at those depths, but Caveclops and Enthralled Dramcryxes do so as well and are extremely dangerous to inexperienced and unarmored players. At least a bow and 2 stacks of arrows are a bare minimum if you want some degree of safety at those depths.

- With the exception of Undead Miners in Forest, Plains and Swamp biomes, Divine RPG mobs that spawn in caves will ignore light levels. Branch mine at your own peril.

- Realmite Ore generates at heights of Y-5 to Y-30 in relatively uncommon quantities. Arlemite and Rupee Ore spawn very rarely at deeper depths. However, due to the relative rarity of finding ores, your best bet is to collect ingots directly from Divine RPG mobs.

- Work your way towards infinite durability tools and weapons for use in a worst-case scenario. The Bowhead Anchor is an extremely invaluable piece of equipment that, although relatively weak, allows you to deal with almost every Overworld Divine RPG mob in a safe manner.

- If you do not mind breaking RPG immersion in any manner, feel free to abuse and manipulate certain mechanics the game runs on. Constructing a spawning room solely to spawn Divine RPG mobs is a good way to ensure a steady supply of Overworld resources.