Disjunction or Smite?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SebWhittle

Jul 29, 2019
Which does more damage to Wither Skeletons? I cant find the extra damage done by Disjunction info anywhere...

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought that disjunction should give bonus damage to creepers, then its useful against more than one (rare in the overworld) mob, and creepers don't have a bonus damage enchant against them.

SebWhittle

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought that disjunction should give bonus damage to creepers, then its useful against more than one (rare in the overworld) mob, and creepers don't have a bonus damage enchant against them.
Well other than Sharpness, but maybe Mojang intended Creepers and Endermen to be invulnerable to a specific enchant that damages only them, and Eloraam just has a score to settle with Endermen so she changed it (Athanes are good evidence of this too)
you mean disjunction. Also didn't know it was anti wither skel too... hmmmm good to know
Thanks, corrected my post now :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
If you're in DW20 and you want to kill a lot of wither skeletons quickly, exorcism shots almost always 1-shot wither skeletons. You might prefer to use looting melee weapons for increased drops, but a lot can be said for just killing 16-24 nearly as fast as you can click.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
If you're in DW20 and you want to kill a lot of wither skeletons quickly, exorcism shots almost always 1-shot wither skeletons. You might prefer to use looting melee weapons for increased drops, but a lot can be said for just killing 16-24 nearly as fast as you can click.

Hahah, you and your handguns, while I'm still using a bow. Mind you, a bow that I've gotten fully enchanted. XR was the other mod that I was thinking of using in a single player game. Just TE, XR, Steve's Cart, and some bees on the side.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Hahah, you and your handguns, while I'm still using a bow. Mind you, a bow that I've gotten fully enchanted. XR was the other mod that I was thinking of using in a single player game. Just TE, XR, Steve's Cart, and some bees on the side.

The only gating power on handguns is really if you can collect enough gunpowder. Its tough to manufacture because sulfur spawning is clearly broken in DW20 (have you ever seen a naturally spawning sulfur block in DW20? I've been looking for over a month in extreme biomes and I've never seen one! I even cheated an all-extreme-mountain world to look the other day, and never found one block). My advice for low-budget farming is a jetpack, haste boots, the best looting sword you can afford, a coin of fortune, and go hunt gasts and fire bats in the nether. The tears you collect are also awesome.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The only gating power on handguns is really if you can collect enough gunpowder. Its tough to manufacture because sulfur spawning is clearly broken in DW20 (have you ever seen a naturally spawning sulfur block in DW20? I've been looking for over a month in extreme biomes and I've never seen one! I even cheated an all-extreme-mountain world to look the other day, and never found one block). My advice for low-budget farming is a jetpack, haste boots, the best looting sword you can afford, a coin of fortune, and go hunt gasts and fire bats in the nether. The tears you collect are also awesome.

...Don't you have soul shards? Go kill a few dozen creepers (or harden up and kill the 170 or so needed for the T5 shard) with a soul stealing five item and you will have so much gunpowder you will start having to void pipe it. Or make more barrels, if you have the same dysfunction I do.

SebWhittle

Jul 29, 2019
The idea of the thread wasn't to discuss the best way to kill Wither Skeletons, we can do that a million and one ways, it was what extra damage does the Disjunction enchant do? Would someone who could read code investigate? Does it follow the same rules as Smite and Bane of Arthropods? etc.