1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

[Discussion] Creating player investment while extending gameplay

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by ShneekeyTheLost, Jun 12, 2019.

1. ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Too Much Free Time

Omnifactory requires Silicon to make chipsets for your AE2 system, so you'll need it for every bus and every interface you make. It also provides secondary function of making Oxygen which you're going to need for your Polyethylene production. And while you could Electrolyzer water to make hydrogen and oxygen, hydrogen isn't as needed early in the production chain, while you'll need PE for all your chip production.

2. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

*wistful memories of 1.4.7 power converters*

3. ShneekeyTheLost

There's a CEU and CEF which fulfill the same function, and also doubles as battery storage. Make sure you're making the right one for the conversion you're wanting to do, and the proper voltage you're wanting to convert to.

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  4. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

I've got to say, the CEF and CEU are a really nice addition - if you've got a pack where you want to convert one way, or the other, or both, they're very helpful - and the battery storage makes a buffer.

5. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

I meant from say Buildcraft/RF style power to EU, rather than voltage to voltage.

6. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

That's what they do! The CEU converts GregTech EU to Forge Energy and the CEF does vice versa

7. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

Ah. Interesting.

8. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

Modular Machinery also has Gtech support now- so you can design your own custom multiblock transformers ect...

9. ShneekeyTheLost

Currently recording episodes of a coming Let's Play of Omnifactory. Some quotes to expect:

"Well, it's a bit of a fixer-upper. The upstairs neighbors are noisy, the basement is a mess, the next door neighbors hold raves every night. But hey, it's got the footprint I need to get started."

"... and the nickel came from Pentlandite, not to be confused with pedantic, which I'm sure someone or another will also get around to."

"... and next episode will be the hunt for the red october... er... red stoner... er... redstone. Yea, that one."