Problem .disconnect.endOfstream

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having this problem with my server since I set it up over at creeperhost. Its running the newest version of Mindcrack modpack and at least once a day, everyone gets disconnected from the server with this error. Usually it takes 1-2 seconds until you can connect back and everything is normal. Some times, you get disconnected over and over for a few minutes until its back to normal.

I have been googling and this error has been around for years and I have yet to find a fix for it, so I dont have high hopes, but its getting so annoying that I figured I'd post here and hope someone had a clue.

(happens to everyone on the server, some from US, some from western EU, some from other parts of EU, basicly all over the place)

Masprotech

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same issue.. My server is basically in test mode right now as in not advertised yet because of this error.. I keep getting disconnected with end of stream but in the console the error starts with the [SEVERE] unable to pass event inventorycloseevent to Essentials. I can not find a cure anywhere.. Some days Im disconnected over and over and others I can play for hours without an issue

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, right now I havent been able to connect to the server for 2 minutes. Seems to have happened a lot today. I do not however, get any errors in the console, none at all. Only that every player gets the .disconnect.endOfStream thing :/ This is just ruining the server atm, not sure what to do at this point.

I was able to connect now, but I cant do anyhing other than move around. If I try to break blocks, I can break them, but nothing pops out, and then it takes a few seconds and my actions are rolled back, and then eventually im disconnected again.

Btw: I forgot to say, the endofstream is only in the server console. The player actually gets "Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like your lagging hard.

Servers seem to kick players now if their overloaded/

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
So basicly, you are implying that my server hosts connection cant handle 1-3 players playing on the server? According to the control panel, CPU is barely used, RAM is plenty, DISK IO is fine, but the connection is bad? I mean, if it cant handle a couple of players, then I'd better host it myself, which is what I plan to do, I just need to get the hardware first. It keeps happening all the time today, cant really play at all.

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie, which should be way more than enough for a couple of players. But even (it happens every now and then) when we are 5 on at once, there usually isnt a problem, no lag at all. But then all of a sudden, endOfStream. It happens when im alone aswell. If my host's connection is that bad.. I mean, it cant be. This has to be something else.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
2 cores and 2 gbs is not alot for what i'm assuming is the ultimate pack. I need to pop out, but will give me details in a bit.

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
We are running Mindcrack, as as I said before, on the control panel, barely any of the hardware is used, but I dont know how accurate the control panel is. Having more cores wont do jack though, since MC isnt running on more than 1. Also, 2gb or RAM sounds plenty to me when we are so few on a server. I know of other servers with a lot more ppl, running on less, without any issues.

Also, just to inform you, we are not running quarry's or turtles on our server, which also means less load than on most servers.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was going to give you a nice detailed break down of how I found things in the past, how current issues going around are effect servers,however your attitude suggests that I'm going to be wasting my time.

So I will just wish you good luck.

CrazylikE

Jul 29, 2019
Well I was going to give you a nice detailed break down of how I found things in the past, how current issues going around are effect servers,however your attitude suggests that I'm going to be wasting my time.

So I will just wish you good luck.

If you take it that way, so be it. All I did was to inform you of things you ignored in my previous post, correct something you assumed, and give you more information. If that is too negative for you, then I guess you havent seen negative posts before.

hellraizer1967

Jul 29, 2019
Well "Crazy" That looks to me like he really didnt know what he was talking about, and was looking for a way to get out of the conversation. Sorry was hoping that some usefull info would be given. If you get anything figured out please let me know.