Disabling sleeping through the night

GhoulHater

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of any mods that disable the ability to sleep through the night? I am interested in disabling it for the sake of a custom 1.7.10 hardcore pack I'm building, and I know it was disabled back in blood n' bones, so I'm curious if anyone knows a mod that could do this for me. Thanks!

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
While I know that this can be done, I don't know the details of how to do so. Random Things by Lumien adds a random nightly 'Blood Moon' event which disallows sleeping through the night, returning the message 'You don't feel tired.' Unfortunately, I don't have the slightest idea of how he does that, only that it's possible. Best of luck in finding something!

n0rw0lf

Jul 29, 2019
Iguana Tweaks (non Tinkers) can do this.

06dccd70aa.png

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest that you use Somnia? (If you don't know what somnia is, it's a mod that makes the world continue to run while you are asleep.)

It still allows players to skip night, but not in the same completely ignoring danger sense. It retains the danger portions of not sleeping, but at the same time avoids the tedium of "is it day yet? No? Then I'm going to stick in my hidy-hole and continue watching YouTube until it is."

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
...but...but youtube...and imgur... :c

my suggestion? use natura's obelisk or thaumic horizon's soul pylon instead.
i just minetweak the bed recipe into oblivion.

Reactions: xTordX

GhoulHater

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your help n0rw0lf! I looked through those configs but apparently I missed that one. Thank you!