Disabling a farm automatically? (solved)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
So, having made my MFR tree farm, I wanted to set it to automatically stop running after x amount of leaves had been collected. I plan on using the ME Level Emitter (from AE), but can I somehow use a redstone signal to disable MFR harvesters?

Also, are ME Interfaces supposed to output into chests or pipes? Or do they just always stock up with the requested item, where you then have to extract from the interface with an itemduct/transport pipe?
Because, for whatever reason, I have 2 ME Interfaces sending cobblestone into hoppers (scrap production), but elsewhere, the interfaces never output their items into any inventories or pipes... Am I doing something wrong? Would a redstone signal change anything?

Breon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, applying a redstone signal to a harvester will turn it off.

Interfaces do not auto-eject, so you'll need some sort of extraction to get the items out of them (the hoppers work because they are auto-extracting devices).

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
Well since the MFR setup runs with some kind of energy you could use the ME Level emitter to stop to power supply , e.g. with an energy cell attached.
Regarding the second question I sincerly don't know.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
When you put a Level Emitter on a Harvester and set it to 100, it will stop immediately at 100 but then run again when 1 Item was used. For complete Automated farms that is not a good way of doing it.
Easiest way to let it run a bit longer is putting the Level Emitter on the Input of the Planter. Like on an Export bus on the Planter. It will stop exporting into it, but it will keep using the stock in the Planter.

Another good way is using a RS nor Latch that will turn the harvester of at 1000 and activate it again at 100.

Reactions: Squigie
Jul 29, 2019
Well since the MFR setup runs with some kind of energy you could use the ME Level emitter to stop to power supply , e.g. with an energy cell attached.
Regarding the second question I sincerly don't know.
Ah yes, thanks for this! Didn't occur to me. I just made the redstone signal go to the nearest energy cell and all is good :)

In my opinion, this was simpler than redstone signals on the harvesters (they didn't seem to do anything, but I may have done something wrong)

Reactions: Maxiride