Direwolf's inventory Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Look in your config folder for InvTweaks.cfg, you can configure all the shortcuts. I believe the shortcut for "move all of the same type" is ctrl+alt by default, but I might be wrong. (I have it bound to Tab since forever.)
it's not, it's spacebar + click :/ just said that...

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I use a trackpad to play minecraft, to switch weapons I use 1-9 buttons and the sensitivity is at 160%.

how badass.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is the source of your problem.

still though, it's not hard to plug in a normal mouse.

True. Still the laptop was only $500. A mac with a slower processor, half the RAM and half the hard drive would have cost $3000 though.

I plan on upgrading him to Windows 7 soon as I have some time.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
True. Still the laptop was only $500. A mac with a slower processor, half the RAM and half the hard drive would have cost $3000 though.

I plan on upgrading him to Windows 7 soon as I have some time.

well a mac dual core i5 Ivy bridge, 4gb ram and 750gb hard drive is roughly 1200$

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite key usage with inventory is not in inv tweek.
1. open a chest
2. normal click on an item to get it in your "hand"
3. shift+click in the other inventory to get all the same items out off the first inventory and into the second.

That is so useful to get rid of all that cobble, or work, or anything that comes in great amount at once.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I think what he wants is all stacks of the SAME item, which is Ctrl+Shift+Click. Space+Click moves all items in the inventory
ahhh
well in that case, click on a stack, move it to the new inv, hold shift, then click.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Control-Alt-Click works better, never have to pick it up.

Just don't do it with project tables. Your client will freeze, and never crash. I once left it while I slept.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
My son plays using his trackpad. He's quite good with it! Then I screwed him up and bought him a new Windows 8 laptop for xmas and he wants to throw it out the window. Micro$oft- breaking the touchpad trying to interpret every motion as if it was a touchscreen phone lol :)

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing there are options for that. From the sound of it it works like a Tablet, you can set it to act like a mouse (like a regular touch pad or mouse would work) or 1 on 1 with your screen (which makes it act like a touchscreen, the mouse pointer instantly moves to the position where you touch the screen/tablet).
I went to a Windows 8 release party (don't ask why) and I had no issues using the Windows 8 laptops with touch pads, they worked just like regular touch pads. So I'm pretty sure there is a setting for it.

You can of course just install Windows 7, but I'd first look through the settings thoroughly because I almost can't imagine there is no setting for that (then again, it's microsoft...).

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Upgrading the laptop, by downgrading the OS. Everyone not paid by M$ fully understands :)

That was also true for vista- switching to XP was an upgrade!

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing there are options for that. From the sound of it it works like a Tablet, you can set it to act like a mouse (like a regular touch pad or mouse would work) or 1 on 1 with your screen (which makes it act like a touchscreen, the mouse pointer instantly moves to the position where you touch the screen/tablet).
I went to a Windows 8 release party (don't ask why) and I had no issues using the Windows 8 laptops with touch pads, they worked just like regular touch pads. So I'm pretty sure there is a setting for it.

You can of course just install Windows 7, but I'd first look through the settings thoroughly because I almost can't imagine there is no setting for that (then again, it's microsoft...).

As far as I can tell there aren't options, just like there's no option to get rid of the ugly, user-unfriendly start "screen" and switch back to a start menu (I believe there is third party software for that though).

I'd rather just put something on it he can use.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You know I'm glad you guys dislike metro. I was afraid it would catch on.

The whole thing is a thinly veiled attempt to strongarm the whole bloody industry into a dark and dangerous place.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I was kind of curious to see if my son would like it (he's 13). I had never used it before but could tell from what I'd seen I didn't like the looks of it.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
windows_7.png

Replace Vista with Windows 8 and it basically sum up the situation. Anything is better than Windows 8.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
That was also true for vista- switching to XP was an upgrade!

As far as I can tell there aren't options, just like there's no option to get rid of the ugly, user-unfriendly start "screen" and switch back to a start menu (I believe there is third party software for that though).

I'd rather just put something on it he can use.

Really? Looks like I won't be getting Windows 8 then xD

Jord5i

Jul 29, 2019
When playing with a trackpad you are a bit limited when it comes to inventory tricks. To everyone saying you can't play minecraft on a trackpad, you are almost correct. You can't play minecraft on a windows laptop trackpad, the mac ones are quite a bit better. But it's far from perfect, I would suggest getting a small wireless mouse that you can travel with, might be a bit of an inconvenience, but imo worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.