Direwolfs 1.6.4 Pack - Thaumcraft issue

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

damn_winston

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running around my world scanning everything with my thaumometer. I had discovered almost every aspect (in fact I know I had them all done). But when I logged in today, I tried scanning something and I got the "you do not possess all the the knowledge". I was like hold on a minute here I found all these out. I opened up my thaumonomicon and went to the aspects page and everything I have learned was gone. I just had the primals. I did not update anything, I did not crash. All I did was log off for about an hour and then log back in.

What can I do to address this?

Thanks.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Server or single-player ?

Also, did you login as a different player, play in "offline" mode, or was the login experience otherwise altered ?

AFAIK, your TC4 knowledge is tied to your account. If the game believes you are somehow different, it will not be able to link to your previous TC4 saved data.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I've heard that your TC4 information is saved in your player.dat file, so check to make sure that didn't get reset, deleted, or otherwise modified.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
no shit... that happened to me too yesterday. It was weird because I too noticed that I lost my skin.
I thought it was because of something screwy I did with a filler that just so happened to kinda involve the chunk that my research table was in. I am very happy that it may not. I hope its just that its tied to my account.

new question... if its tied to my account, will I not have to learn everything again when I do my next play through?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Well, to your account and apparently your player.dat in the world directory (save). On the server, I believe the file is:

world/players/<player name>.dat

If you rename the file as .gz or similar and then unzip it, it's sort-of readable. In mine, I found things like:

TCResearch
THAUMONOMICO
TCAspectsListects

If you delete your world, this <player>.dat file is gone. Also, if your server does not know who you are, it may create a new <player>.dat with your different player name.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I do single player. I do not wish to do my research over again lol. What would I do to properly copy that stuff over if I was to start a new world? I am ok with cheating in the research too if thats easier. How would I do that? If anyone knows, I'm happy with a public reply or a pm. If not, s' ok.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I do single player. I do not wish to do my research over again lol. What would I do to properly copy that stuff over if I was to start a new world? I am ok with cheating in the research too if thats easier. How would I do that? If anyone knows, I'm happy with a public reply or a pm. If not, s' ok.

Swap to creative, cheat-in the book, and then swap back.

Don't know of a more elegant or precise way to "export" your TC4 research and then "import" it in single-player. On a server, you can share knowledge. But, that won't help when a new world is created.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
k... To know what each item's aspects were (basically when you look at the aspects pages it tell you what you've scanned to inform you what items have that aspect so you know what to boil down for essenses) I'm guessing I would need to be able to scan everything in creative, switch mode back to survival... I don't think the book would show that stuff if I didn't scan it, but that's my guess.

damn_winston

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, sorry for the delayed response to the questions.

This is for single player. No, I did not log in as a different player (I only have one username).

Whats weird is, when I look through my thaumometer at a block that I already scanned that has a compound aspect on it, I see the primal aspect fine, but the compound aspect is a Question Mark. Its like the game is recognizing that I scanned that before but something messed up and is not acknowledging it.

So annoying.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Swap to creative, cheat-in the book, and then swap back.

Don't know of a more elegant or precise way to "export" your TC4 research and then "import" it in single-player. On a server, you can share knowledge. But, that won't help when a new world is created.
Does not work. When you snatch one in creative you just get another book just like the one you alreaddy have.

damn_winston

Jul 29, 2019
Drevl, please make another post. You are hijacking my thread and I still require assistance with my issue.

Thanks.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Ok, sorry for the delayed response to the questions.

This is for single player. No, I did not log in as a different player (I only have one username).

Whats weird is, when I look through my thaumometer at a block that I already scanned that has a compound aspect on it, I see the primal aspect fine, but the compound aspect is a Question Mark. Its like the game is recognizing that I scanned that before but something messed up and is not acknowledging it.

So annoying.
Yeah, my problem is different. All my scans have been wiped. I have to do the part I like least from this mod over again.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I had this happen once and solved it with the cheat-sheet(you might need to enable it in the configs).

The only other thing I can think of is restarting Minecraft if you haven't already, it might just be a sync bug/ other oddity.

damn_winston

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I had this happen once and solved it with the cheat-sheet(you might need to enable it in the configs).

The only other thing I can think of is restarting Minecraft if you haven't already, it might just be a sync bug/ other oddity.

A restart didnt fix. Ive been logged out for a few hours now. Just logged back in and nothing.

What is this cheat sheet?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
A restart didnt fix. Ive been logged out for a few hours now. Just logged back in and nothing.

In the TC4 configs, there is an option to turn on a "cheat" Thaumonomonomonomocon, that you can access via Creative mode or NEI set to cheat mode. When read, it unlocks all research and all aspects.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

Out of curiosity, can you gain research points by rescanning things? I didn't try when it happened to me so I am a bit curious. Also where were you in research, I had most everything done when I had my derp.

Also consider reporting the incident to azanor.

damn_winston

Jul 29, 2019
Dang but I dont want to unlock all the research... thats the fun part to me. I just want my darn compound aspects back. Took me forever to scan all the things.[DOUBLEPOST=1390338346][/DOUBLEPOST]
Out of curiosity, can you gain research points by rescanning things? I didn't try when it happened to me so I am a bit curious. Also where were you in research, I had most everything done when I had my derp.

Also consider reporting the incident to azanor.

I had maybe 10 things research. I just got node in a jar and was buzzing around capturing nodes. Had to log for a few minutes, came back and had no aspects but the primals.

I can not rescan anything because I already scanned them. It doesnt give me the option to rescan.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Try this-

Google Thaumcraft Aspects and find an aspect list that breaks down the aspects for you.
Then go to your research table and combine the aspects together to unlock the ones you believe you already had.
This will have you lose a few research points but should unlock those aspects again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk