[Direwolf20] When will we get ComputerCraft 1.6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hithere__

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since CC 1.6 came out, and I'm dyeing for colored turtles(#reusedjokes) and pocket computers. When will it get updated?

Last edited:

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I used to talk to him every now and then when i was talking with iChun. He would come and ask iChun a question and would say hi to everyone. I was also someone who was always talking in one of iChuns streams. So he stoped in the other day and i asked him that.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
That i dont remember but i am going to go off of faith and say that i think he made a streaming channel and i asked if i could join.

Hithere__

Jul 29, 2019
So ichun wanted you on teamspeak? This story is not making sense. How would he even know you?

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I asked if i could join his streaming channel and he said sure. there were a few other people in there so i figure it was open for like 10 people not 100.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Anyway, for a real answer, it will get added when it does. Whenever that may be I'm not sure, since I know the new CC update broke compatibility with a lot of mods, and with devs wrapping up for 1.6 that compatibility may not get restored until 1.7.

Hithere__

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Huh! I though it only broke compatibility with some (*cough most) of the programs.
Wouldn't it not matter because OpenPeripheral?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Basically, if a mod accessed the CC API before the newest update, trying to use that mod alongside the newest CC will cause crashes. So unless a mod has been update to use the new API, it won't work. What mods have / have not updated yet, I don't know though.

Reactions: Jadedcat and YX33A

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
And how'd you get ichun on teamspeak?
They're fucking modders/Youtubers not bloody rockstars lol! it's not that far fetched for the average punter to have contact with a modder or even Direwolf20.

Then again I'll eat my words if someone has a pic of Direwolf getting out of a limo going to some prestigious Youtube award thing I've never heard about.