Direwolf20 v.1.0.7/1.6.4 Tooltip problem:

Thousk

Jul 29, 2019
In Direwolf20 v1.0.7/1.6.4 i have a problem with turning off the tooltips...

At first i thought it was WAILA (what am i looking at) But after disabling it completely (through the launcher) the tooltip still showed up. As an example of what i mean: http://i.imgur.com/FVVGYVK.png the smaller/off centre one is WAILA which i can toggle/edit perfectly fine... the other one i have no idea.

I've tried turning off the 'Highlight tooltips' in the 'NEI options > World > highlight tooltips > hidden' But this doesn't do anything going into 'NEI options > Inventory and disabling NEI altogether works, but i'd really prefer to have NEI for recipes and the like... (although i guess this confirms it is the NEI highlight tooltips?)

Does anyone have *any* ideas at all? i'm at a complete loss as to what it could be and its driving me up the wall.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Inside the save folder should be a folder NEI and an NEI.dat file. Backup your saves and configs then remove this folder and file. It should put NEI back to its default which should be with the tooltip disabled. Also make sure that waila is actually disabled. I've heard from some users that mods they disabled come back even though they thought they'd disabled them. Check the mods list in the first part of the game.

Reactions: Thousk

Thousk

Jul 29, 2019
Inside the save folder should be a folder NEI and an NEI.dat file. Backup your saves and configs then remove this folder and file. It should put NEI back to its default which should be with the tooltip disabled. Also make sure that waila is actually disabled. I've heard from some users that mods they disabled come back even though they thought they'd disabled them. Check the mods list in the first part of the game.

This didn't seem to work by itself, so i re-deleted the entire direwolf20 folder for a second time and this seems to have done it! thank you so much! can actually start playing now! <3

Kelemvore

Jul 29, 2019
What I have an issue with is that Waila and Map Writer do not save your preferences once you log out of your world....