[Direwolf20] TreeCapitator

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!
This is.. No, I'm not going there.

However, I wanted desperately to be able to chop trees easily, so I figured I'd add TreeCapitator by myself. And it worked! ..Sort of.
I can use every type of axe except for RP-axes, and I can't seem to be able to fix it myself. I've been looking into TreeCapitator-configs but it doesn't seem like I'm able to fix it.
Any help or maybe a pastebin to a config that actually works? :)

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
I told you, I fiddled around with the config but I couldn't get it to work.
I even copied the config from Technic (where RP-axes work with TreeCap), but to no avail.

Shalen

Jul 29, 2019
And there it is: just open the config, search the line that starts whit "S:axeIDList=" (near the end) and replace it with this:

S:axeIDList=271; 275; 258; 286; 279; 5280; 5281; 5282; 7796; 25279; 30199; 30233; 30479

It should work with all the axes and the chainsaws.

Reactions: Vovegog

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I told you, I fiddled around with the config but I couldn't get it to work.
I even copied the config from Technic (where RP-axes work with TreeCap), but to no avail.
Yeah, well, there is no way it would work, you know...
first thing is that there most likely are some changes in the config file between early 1.2.5 and 1.4.6, secondly, FTB blocks and items ID are different from the technic ones.

Either take what Shalen wrote for an answer, or go in the game, and take the correct IDs from NEI, so that you know where to check next time you need it.

Vovegog

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, well, there is no way it would work, you know...
first thing is that there most likely are some changes in the config file between early 1.2.5 and 1.4.6, secondly, FTB blocks and items ID are different from the technic ones.

I guess that explains why Technic config didn't work. And why bring up 1.2.5? :p Technic is 1.4.6 now.
Anyway, thanks for the help Shalen.

damunzy

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that explains why Technic config didn't work. And why bring up 1.2.5? :p Technic is 1.4.6 now.
Anyway, thanks for the help Shalen.
Probably because most of us stopped using Tekkit/Technic when FTB became avail. Tekkit was 1.2.5 back then. :p

And, because I can:
~damunzy

Satyr

Jul 29, 2019
so i have installed the treecapitator. but i can only chop down the core trees that come in minecraft. any way to add the other trees? I cant seem to find where the log ids are located.

Stuferus

Jul 29, 2019
so i have installed the treecapitator. but i can only chop down the core trees that come in minecraft. any way to add the other trees? I cant seem to find where the log ids are located.
use timer mod.. no config needed but its only ssp.

if you want to config treecapitator.. it needs the ids of the modtree "logs" in the config file.

Satyr

Jul 29, 2019
ok what is the config file? because i was able to add in the ax information just fine... there is no spot for logs unless i put in another line?

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if you are using an old version or what but when I installed treecapitator on mine it was able to read the configs for IC2/RP2/Thaumcraft/EBXL as well as a whole load other including some I dont have loaded anyway (but it checked for their configs) and uses them to create its list of trees you can chop and axes you can use so it works on all EBXL trees silver and greatwood trees and rubber trees as well as with chainsaws and RP Axes, you should check if you have the latest version and if you do delete your config (back it up first if you have made changes) and regenerate it see if it gets all the mod info.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, it's not necessary to use Treecapitator - TC3 has the elemental axe, which works similarly to the treecapitator axe effect (It doesn't cut all blocks at once, but it cuts the furthest wood block away from the one you have selected)

Satyr

Jul 29, 2019
your very welcome..

make sure you put it in the coremods folder under the mod pack you are using. I also enabled the internal settings in the config file.

st so you know, it's not necessary to use Treecapitator - TC3 has the elemental axe, which works similarly to the treecapitator axe effect (It doesn't cut all blocks at once, but it cuts the furthest wood block away from the one you have selected)
good to know but i like this mod way better just to be able use all the axes and not have to research it out.