Direwolf20: Pipe a single item into an inventory

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Paul Moore

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to design a setup where I have a chest full of essence berries, and I want to transfer them, one at a time, into an autonomous activator. If the AA is switched off, I want one berry in its inventory and the rest in the chest. The idea is to have all the berries accessible from the chest, with none "stuck in the system".

The only item I know of that will put just one item into an inventory is a hyper-rationing pipe, and that needs a transfer node to attach it to the source chest, and that transfer node holds a stack of items in it - defeating my purpose. Is there any other way of just moving one item from the chest to the AA?

I do realise I'm being obsessive here - this is an essence berry farm and I'll probably end up with more berries than I know what to do with, so saving a stack is hardly critical. But I'd still like to know if what I'm trying to do is possible (as there have been a couple of other times I've wanted this functionality).

Thanks,
Paul

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Off the top of my head:
  • A resonant filter (Thermal Dynamics) can be configured to regulate X number of items, so you could set that to 1.
  • Translocators allow item regulation by adding a diamond nugget.
  • Thaumcraft Fill Golems can be told to keep a precise number of items in an inventory.