Direwolf20 pack is up!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
This pack runs a lot smoother. I wonder why. I miss the minimap though, I'll copy that over. I hope it wasn't what lagged up the other pack.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
DW's is really there so you can SSP along with his LP (as many do). I'm keeping that pack "clean" from my main world, which will have .. well .. everything :)

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
This pack runs a lot smoother. I wonder why. I miss the minimap though, I'll copy that over. I hope it wasn't what lagged up the other pack.

It doesn't appear to be. I chose the main suspects (the differentials) and created new worlds with each disabled - Extra Bees, PetroGen, Traincraft. None mattered. Tested without Rei's since you mentioned it, doesn't effect the performance either way.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Hope it updates soon then, correct me if I'm wrong, but mystcraft doesn't add anything to the overworld right? So I can just play on mindcrack and just start using mystcraft when it gets updated.
You are correct, Mystcraft makes no changes to the overworld

MrPitchblende

Jul 29, 2019
I just did as MFINN23 said he'd do and copied TF and minimap over from mindcrack, and I don't have any continuous sounds like walking and the block-breaking process (but there are sounds for the placing and breaking events themselves). Anyone else have this?

neeeever happened

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
If extra bees does get included I hope Flora or DW does a nice how to on it, as some of us are pretty new to the bee thing. I've avoided them and decided to finally give them a try.

I kinda liked the advanced solars over compact though.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't appear to be. I chose the main suspects (the differentials) and created new worlds with each disabled - Extra Bees, PetroGen, Traincraft. None mattered. Tested without Rei's since you mentioned it, doesn't effect the performance either way.
Maybe you have no issues to begin with but for someone with a less powerful computer there are noticable differences between the packs. The direwolf pack is causing less lag without optifine than the mindcrack is with it. (yes I first tried mindcrack without optifine and it was even worse)

chaossdragon

Jul 29, 2019
I know we have the option to add Rei's Minimap ourselves, just curious as to why it wasn't included from the start?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Because Direwolf didn't want to use it, presumably. He's the one who controls the pack, and it's supposed to be the mods HE is using.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If you have ever watched DW ya know he doesn't use the mini map at all. He likes the not knowing part of exploring

neofrost01

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows if its posible chance the recipe for portal gun to the older? The nether star is so dificult to get...

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm 98% positive that the lag in Mindcrack is coming from one or more of the Voxel mods. Probably the one that adds nameplates and chat bubbles.