Direwolf20 pack Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this thread is in the wrong place, but this is the 1st time I've ever written in a forum so a bit clueless if I'm honest.

My problem (apart from big ears and a bit too much love for alcohol!) is my world keeps crashing in the Direwolf20 pack. It was working ok, but now it crashes everytime I try and open an inventory or chest etc. I transferred the world over to the Mindcrack pack and it seemed to work fine.

I've attached the crash report, I think!!

If anyone can help, or at least point me in the right direction (it's the drink, I get lost a lot!!) it'd be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dan

Attachments

• crash-2013-05-09_08.19.04-client.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 44

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your crash log and console log to pastebin.com and provide the links.
Most of us, including me, don't open attachments for security reasons.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
All right. I've seen this kind of thing before. Follow the steps below.

1. Back up your saves folder. Not just the individual save, the whole folder.
2. Delete the saves/NEI folder and the saves/NEI.dat file, and the same things in the specific save folder.
3. If it doesn't work, revert the whole save folder from the backup.

Ask if you're unsure about anything, it's better to ask a question than completely screw up your save :)

Also, you're in the right section, don't worry about that.

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
ToatsAmazeBalls, your a leg end :)

Thank you very much for helping, very very appreciated.

Out of curiosity, how did you know it was that? I tried reading through the crash report but I reckon I'd have a better chance of understanding it if it was in chinese!!! :)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I saw it on another thread, and saw how someone else solved it. It's usually how this kind of info spreads. Someone with coding knowledge sometimes goes through the mod code to find where the bug is originating from, other times people just try random things until it fixes.

If I'd seen this error for the first time, I would have suggested removing removing NEI as the error relates to it. After that, I'd suggest RP2, as the error also has that in it. Fortunately, someone else has already found a good solution :p

You really learn to read crash reports and console logs through experience, mostly. And knowing how Java packages and classes work :p

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
Guess I'll leave it to the professionals then :)

cheers for the help.

Hope the weathers good down there in Melbourne :)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
It's nice, a little cold though. Was pretty good today.

If you want to start helping out, hang around for a while, then when you feel confident, start helping people. Don't worry, others will correct you if you're wrong (happens to me all the time :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.