Direwolf20 modpack for MC 1.4.7, IC2 bug.

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
I just wanted to go retro for a while with this true classic. I could not get the pack to come up at all. After some experimenting, it seems IC2 mod has a bug not compatible with Java8. Everything else works fine. Removing IC2 and it's dependent addons fixes this mod pack since expecting the author/authors to fix a mod this old is rather a bit much. Java 7? maybe on some computers, but not mine, after I updated my O.S.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I have java 8_111 on my system and DW20 for 1.4.7 loads in both Curse and the legacy launcher. So I think we need some crash logs for this. I even loaded up an old world I had saved and it worked.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That indicates a problem with the game save involving IC2. So I can understand removing IC2 to fix it. Normally I would suggest using the forge.cfg options to remove erroring tile entities. But, I don't think that exists in 1.4.7. So I'm not sure what the best route to fix this is. Just to verify have you tried to create a new world? Does it also have issues with IC2?

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
Well, I am certainly glad somebody found this funny, I sure do not. Many thanks for the patch, it worked out fine. This "simple" error put me through a countless number of tests, from trying to determine if my computer had a problem, to a possible backward compatibility issue with Java , or maybe IC2 was just not Java 8 compatible. Again thank you very much.