Request [Direwolf20]Extreme Reactors Automation?

T

tanino

Hello,

Does anyone know if its possible to automate Extreme Reactors in Direwolf20 1.12.1 (ver1.8).

I havn't played modded since Minecraft 1.5 and this is the first pack I picked up, however I can't seem to figure this out and my research pulled out nothing either.

Much appreciated,
tanino

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What are you looking to automate? For insert and export of yellorium and cyanite (fuel and waste) respectively, you just need two reactor access ports set to input and output.

If you want to automate activating and deactivating when power supplies are full or empty, there are things that can be done with redstone ports - including turning it off when receiving a redstone signal and sending a redstone signal when power is at a certain % (potentially usable for turning it on or off under certain conditions). If you want it to set the control rods in to a higher % when the reactor buffer is nearly full, that's possible.

T

tanino

What are you looking to automate? For insert and export of yellorium and cyanite (fuel and waste) respectively, you just need two reactor access ports set to input and output.

If you want to automate activating and deactivating when power supplies are full or empty, there are things that can be done with redstone ports - including turning it off when receiving a redstone signal and sending a redstone signal when power is at a certain % (potentially usable for turning it on or off under certain conditions). If you want it to set the control rods in to a higher % when the reactor buffer is nearly full, that's possible.

I'd just simply like for the reactor to be turned off when the internal RF buffer is near full, and then back on when its nearly empty.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Right, so: if you're just operating with Extreme Reactors and vanilla redstone, you'd want some sort of set/reset latch, and I think three redstone ports. One as the input, so when its receiving a signal the reactor is on, one set to output redstone when the reactor is below, say, 5%, and one to send a redstone signal when the RF level is above, say, 95%.

So you would arrange its such that: the reactor is currently off at, lets say 50% - the toggle latch has been reset and is outputting no signal. When it drops to 5%, the signal coming out of the one set to send at that level triggers the S-R latch. The latch is now on, and the reactor fills up. That signal coming from the "Below 5%" port is now off, but that doesn't matter, because the latch has been triggered and so stays on until it gets a reset signal. When it hits 95%, the "Above 95%" port goes on; that signal is sent to the reset line of the S-R latch, turning it off and thus turning the reactor off. The power in the buffer will drop as you use it, and we're back to where we started.

For info on vanilla ways of setting up S-R (also called RS) latches, see this article: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Memory_circuit#About_RS_Latches

T

tanino

Right, so: if you're just operating with Extreme Reactors and vanilla redstone, you'd want some sort of set/reset latch, and I think three redstone ports. One as the input, so when its receiving a signal the reactor is on, one set to output redstone when the reactor is below, say, 5%, and one to send a redstone signal when the RF level is above, say, 95%.

So you would arrange its such that: the reactor is currently off at, lets say 50% - the toggle latch has been reset and is outputting no signal. When it drops to 5%, the signal coming out of the one set to send at that level triggers the S-R latch. The latch is now on, and the reactor fills up. That signal coming from the "Below 5%" port is now off, but that doesn't matter, because the latch has been triggered and so stays on until it gets a reset signal. When it hits 95%, the "Above 95%" port goes on; that signal is sent to the reset line of the S-R latch, turning it off and thus turning the reactor off. The power in the buffer will drop as you use it, and we're back to where we started.

For info on vanilla ways of setting up S-R (also called RS) latches, see this article: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Memory_circuit#About_RS_Latches

Ooof... that's a lo of text for someone like me who really can't picture things very well even with paragraphs of explanation... unless I can physically see what its supposed to look like I doubt there's any saving grace in me ever understanding that or how it works.