Windows .exe Direwolf20 and Unleashed pack crash

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staffan Holmlöv

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody at the FTB forum!

I hope I've found the right part of the forum for this ^^

I'm having a few problems with the direwolf20, Unleashed and unhinged packs for minecraft 1.5.2. Whenever I start a game I the world seems to load fine but then it crashes after a few secs of play. When crashing the screen goes black for a few sec and both the FTB-window and the consol freezes and I cannot switch between them. The freeze seems to be infinite so I have to shut it down via the task-manager every time: Also I do not seem to get a crash report from FTB.

Windows give me the message that "Your graphic drivers stopped working and has been restored" as if my graphic card was being overheated (it is not, never goes above 40 degrees celcius (104 farenheit)).

The other modpacks I've tried works fine (all of the 1.4.7 modpacks work and for 1.5.2 Magicfarm.

I've tried to force update / re-install both launcher and modpacks with no apperent result.

I'm running windows 7 64bit. Have the latest java (Java 7 64bit update 45 and Java 7 32bit update 45) and all my drivers are updated via slimdrivers free.

Any help would be most appreciated!

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
Don't use both 32 and 64 bit java only the 64bit one.
this is wrong. 32 and 64 bit java will run together happily on the same system. the launcher wont work without the 64 bit version, but the 32 bit is the default for most things, like vanilla minecraft and most browsers.
the problem lies with your graphics driver. it needs updated. what are the specs of your system?

Processor=? (intel core 2 duo, core i3/5/7, Or AMD athlon and so on)
Graphics card=? (Nvidia Geforce 630M or Intel HD 3000/4000)

never use a driver update program. yes, they're convenient, but they don't get you the MANUFACTURERS drivers (for example, my graphic driver for the Intel graphics on my laptop is customised by Asus. the generic one from Intel's site causes problems)

Last edited:

goon301

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried disabling Natura and/or Biomes o Plenty? Sometimes they cause problems, for some reason.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Staffan Holmlöv

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the info!

I've attatched a 64bit dxdiag.txt of my system. I'll try to download the latest drivers from the card manufacturers and report back on how that works out.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34 KB · Views: 68

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the info!

I've attatched a 64bit dxdiag.txt of my system. I'll try to download the latest drivers from the card manufacturers and report back on how that works out.
ok, your card is a ASUS HD7950 Series, and since your system is missing a manufacturer and model number, i take it your PC is a custom build.
is this your card?
if it is, select the driver and tools tab, then your OS, and download the latest driver from the VGA section

Staffan Holmlöv

Jul 29, 2019
ok, your card is a ASUS HD7950 Series, and since your system is missing a manufacturer and model number, i take it your PC is a custom build.
is this your card?
if it is, select the driver and tools tab, then your OS, and download the latest driver from the VGA section

Downloaded the latest drivers. Seems to work fine. Thank you very much for the help sir, and I am never using slimdrivers again ^^

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
i know. its a pain to have to go find the drivers yourself, but its the safer way. plus, you don't do it that often anyway. (once a year, if that)

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
this is wrong. 32 and 64 bit java will run together happily on the same system. the launcher wont work without the 64 bit version, but the 32 bit is the default for most things, like vanilla minecraft and most browsers.
the problem lies with your graphics driver. it needs updated. what are the specs of your system?

Processor=? (intel core 2 duo, core i3/5/7, Or AMD athlon and so on)
Graphics card=? (Nvidia Geforce 630M or Intel HD 3000/4000)

never use a driver update program. yes, they're convenient, but they don't get you the MANUFACTURERS drivers (for example, my graphic driver for the Intel graphics on my laptop is customised by Asus. the generic one from Intel's site causes problems)

But people have already said that the 64bit version has what is needed so no need for both versions and may limit your ram in FTB to 1gb.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
yes, but if you remove the 32 bit, then Java apps in chrome and other browsers wont work, because the browser isn't 64 bit
i run 32 and 64 bit together, i always have. and ive never had and problem.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
This is wrong.
Java 64 bit contains Java 32 bit. There is no need to have both.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
This is wrong.
Java 64 bit contains Java 32 bit. There is no need to have both.
since when? i know for a fact you need both (with respect to browsers anyway)
if you go to pingtest.net and try to run a test, it wont work because it uses a java applet. since most browsers dont have a 64 bit version, the applet wont load without 32 bit java
from java's website:
Java said:
For a 32-bit browser, you need to download 32-bit Java (recommended)
For a 64-bit browser, you need to download 64-bit Java
If you have Both a 32-bit and 64-bit browser, you need to download both 32-bit and 64-bit Java, respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.