[Direwolf20 1.7] Little Help With This Error?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Proaxel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a process of moving my Single Player World to a Direwolf20 FTB Server.
I removed the mods and config folders that came with the server and replaced them with the ones from my client.
I had a few errors, turns out it was from mods that can only go Clientside. I removed those. Then I had this error that I can't interpret:
[12:52:48] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.10
[12:53:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
[12:53:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
[12:53:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Generating keypair
[12:53:21] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[12:53:39] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/renderer/GLAllocation
at factorization.coremod.AtVerifier.verify(AtVerifier.java:55) ~[Factorization-1.7.10-0.8.88.7.jar:?]
at factorization.shared.Core.validateEnvironment(Core.java:576) ~[Core.class:?]
at factorization.shared.Core.modsLoaded(Core.java:188) ~[Core.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513) ~[FMLModContainer.class:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) ~[LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:694) ~[Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:97) ~[FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:319) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:210) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/renderer/GLAllocation
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.<init>(Tessellator.java:142) ~[bmh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.<clinit>(Tessellator.java:105) ~[bmh.class:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at factorization.coremod.AtVerifier.validate(AtVerifier.java:66) ~[Factorization-1.7.10-0.8.88.7.jar:?]
at factorization.coremod.AtVerifier.verify(AtVerifier.java:53) ~[Factorization-1.7.10-0.8.88.7.jar:?]
... 33 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.renderer.GLAllocation
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.<init>(Tessellator.java:142) ~[bmh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.Tessellator.<clinit>(Tessellator.java:105) ~[bmh.class:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at factorization.coremod.AtVerifier.validate(AtVerifier.java:66) ~[Factorization-1.7.10-0.8.88.7.jar:?]
at factorization.coremod.AtVerifier.verify(AtVerifier.java:53) ~[Factorization-1.7.10-0.8.88.7.jar:?]
... 33 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
Can someone help me? I think it has to do with Factorization getting mad a something, but I'm not sure what it is.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
NoClassDefFoundError would indicate that some mod is missing a required dependency. It might be as simple as a forge version mismatch, missing or outdated coremod, or a bit more complicated as mods with outdated Apis for other mods can cause that kind of mismatch.

Proaxel

Jul 29, 2019
It was just a direct copy+paste of my Config and Mods Files from my game files to the server's files, and deleting the original ones...
I kind of doubt anything is outdated or missing....

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You should really download the server files from the launcher then just copy your save folder to a folder called world inside of the server's folder. You will need to run the install script once to download certain files directly from Mojang. From then on just run the serverstart script.

Proaxel

Jul 29, 2019
I pretty much did exactly what you said already...

Here are the steps I took.
I highlighted the Direwolf20 pack and clicked "Download Server" from the FTB Launcher.
I unzipped it, set the eula.txt to true, and ran the install.bat, then ran the ServerStart.bat to get all the folders.
-- NOTICE how it made a new world and it ran just fine. --
After it was done, I closed the cmd, copied my contents of my single player world folder, and put its contents in the world folder.
I deleted the config and mod folders, and replaced them with the ones from my client. I'm pretty sure I deleted all the clientside mods.
(If you're wondering why I do this it's because some mods in the default pack are severely outdated, plus I add a few mods, because why not?)
I run the ServerStart again, and I get this error.

It was working before I replaced the mods and config folders... Something must be totally wrong there.

Now that I stare at the error for awhile, it kind of wonders me... is Factorization a client side only mod? Because it seems it's looking for a rendering system that's only part of the Minecraft client.
But then again, it did work before I did the above. And I really don't like doing the delete and test game again.

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Youre going to have to do the thing: Remove half the mods. Try and load. If it succeeds, try the other half. Repeat until you have the one mod that prevents the load.

Or update your forge, and bump your permgen a bit.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Proaxel Why did you replace the configs and mods folders? Do a fresh download the of the server like you did before. And test it out. Once it creates a new world then just copy your single player save file to the world file. Don't replace or copy over the mod or configs.

And factorization is server and client side. Anything that has blocks in the world or has crafting recipes has to be on both client and server. Other things like journey map, too many keys, optifine and etc. are client side only and should be never loaded on the server. By copying your mods from your single player you are putting mods on the server that shouldn't be there.

Proaxel

Jul 29, 2019
I actually found the problem.... It was Optifine. I somehow totally missed it when I was deleting Clientside mods. Since it's a Clientside mod on a server, it causes the stuff that does rendering and such to get all confused.
*Facepalm*
Optifine is a staple in my own mods list (IMO, it's getting much more hate than it deserves), I guess I get so used to seeing it in my Mods folder that I just seem to ignore it somehow.
Don't you just love those problems where the cause is in front of your face, yet you're completely oblivious to it? :confused: