Mac Direwolf20 1.6 Trouble

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
I've downloaded the new DW20 1.6 pack and started to play. However 5 minutes into playing the game starts to freeze and as time goes on the freezing starts to occur more frequently until the game becomes unplayable. Looking at the console it reads:
[WARNING] [Minecraft-server] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

What should I do to resolve this problem?

FYI I have a 27in iMac with i7 processor and 8gb ram.[DOUBLEPOST=1386706111][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if I try to quit the game freezes completely and I have to force quit the app.

fishcake321

Jul 29, 2019
near the top of this section go to the thread that is titled JVM arguments. In the ftb launcher go to options/adv options, then in the additional java paramaters, paste in the stuff in that thread

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a FTB user on a:

13" 2012 Retina Macbook Pro
2.5GHz Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I have looked at the JVM arguments thread. There are two possible places where I'm getting confused.

1) I allocated the RAM up from 1.0GB to 2.0. And I open up the Advanced Options where the additional Java Parameters are, but I am unable to paste the argument in. Am I pasting into the correct place?

2) I had an issue from using FTB in the past where I had to be on Java 6 in order for it to work. Is it necessary for me to upgrade to Java 7 64?

When I check my version, this is what I see:
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

Someone let me know what I'm doing wrong?

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
Right, for Java 7 to work with minecraft 1.5.2 and below, you had to upgrade your LWJGL. In 1.6.4 and above, you no longer need to upgrade the LWJGL so just feel free to update to Java 7 if you aren't gonna play the 1.5 packs or below anymore.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.

I updated my Java to Java 7.
I copied and pasted in the JVM argument for FTBLauncher.

Now, FTB is working as intended!

However, I watched the console while loading it up and saw the same "[WARNING] [Minecraft] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" in yellow text as before and then a wall of red text flashed by and then entire console froze. FTB itself is still running just fine. I'm happy that I've got it working, but because the console is frozen I'm unable to post the pastebin for bugfixing purposes.