DireWolf20 1.6.4 Won't Start

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Sw33tR0llThief

Jul 29, 2019
Many people are having this problem and so far no tech support person or any FTB person has said a single thing about it... Seems we are going to be on our own on this one for a while.

TheWoodMaker

Jul 29, 2019
It's Ridiculous how I have messaged this to the team on twitter and Slowpoke and they seem to ignore this and answer everyone else's little bugs. From the beginning I have been with FTB but only now since its getting more popular are they losing their connection with the community. They need to realise a stronger community is better than anything else!

Sw33tR0llThief

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah yesterday Direwolf20 v1.0.0 worked like a charm and all of the sudden after I download v1.0.2 it gives me errors that I have duplicates of mods. Direwolf made a little mention of it on Twitter just saying there was something wrong, but no official FTB recognition of it so far despite multiple threads on it and the fact that its been a problem for hours.

TheWoodMaker

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately i havent been able to load it from the start because the forge mod just wont launch. I have the same problem on all the new packs

Finishigor

Jul 29, 2019
Search for %appdata% and delete the ftblauncher map. Put the new launcher file into a map on the desktop and choose that the files goes into that map. Worked for me and some buddies.

Finishigor

Jul 29, 2019
Search for %appdata% and a map will pop up. In that map you will find .minecraft and loads of other maps, but theres one called ftblauncher. Delete that map and close the window. Go to FTB's site and download the launcher and put it in a new map on the desktop. Start FTB launcher and everything is fine.

50_Ind1g0

Jul 29, 2019
since the 1.0.2 modpack came out, i can't get it to launch successfully (have deleted and reinstalled both versions but alas...)
it has duplicates of thaumic tinkerer, tinker's construct, and tinker's construct preloader.
have tried deleting, disabling, and both, and it still has a problem. an suggestions/ tips?
(i have tried reverting to 1.0.0, and it still happens)

Sw33tR0llThief

Jul 29, 2019
since the 1.0.2 modpack came out, i can't get it to launch successfully (have deleted and reinstalled both versions but alas...)
it has duplicates of thaumic tinkerer, tinker's construct, and tinker's construct preloader.
have tried deleting, disabling, and both, and it still has a problem. an suggestions/ tips?
(i have tried reverting to 1.0.0, and it still happens)
I had to create a new user on my computer and then it worked. Thats my temp fix until FTB gets on it.

shadovvhunt3r

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried re-installing deleting mods modifying run files and even alternate loggins but I get the same thing when I go to load a world
GL ERROR
@POSTREDER

And the following both acre many many times

:1285 OUT OF MEMORY
:1282 INVALID OPERATION

memory one I don't get I have max dedicated memory and ram
and invalid operation I'm at the pause menu or not even loaded in.

Salaru

Jul 29, 2019
I try to launch Direwolf20 1.0.2 for ftb 1.6.4, and then the whole game just shuts down. Then I tried downloading FTB .jar instead of .exe to use to launch, and that seemed to work, for all of 10 seconds... help?

Last edited:

brian0351

Jul 29, 2019
I was having the same issues with none of the new packs starting. Properly. Try this.

1. Back up your saves from previous packs.
2. Delete all instances of FTB
3. Type %appdata% in your START -> Search line, select roaming folder and delete the "ftblauncher" folder
4. Re-run the FTB launcher, create a new profile, assign at least 2GB of RAM and download the pack.

This fixed all my issues.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I've tried re-installing deleting mods modifying run files and even alternate loggins but I get the same thing when I go to load a world
GL ERROR
@POSTREDER

And the following both acre many many times

:1285 OUT OF MEMORY
:1282 INVALID OPERATION

memory one I don't get I have max dedicated memory and ram
and invalid operation I'm at the pause menu or not even loaded in.

The GL errors are most likely related to your gfx card. Try and updating the drivers. If you are getting out of memory errors then you will need to allocate more memory but if you have a 32bit os then that will not be possible.

If you have a 64bit os then you will need to install 64bit bit java so that you can allocate more ram.

If you want to get it working with a 32bit os then I would suggest trying to disable some mods like opis map maker and then Ars Magicka 2 and Thaumcraft 4 if you need to.

BobPwnsMC

Jul 29, 2019
I think the feed the beast staff are locking some of us out for some reason. When I try to start feed the beast it closes without a message before it gets to the main menu. I think moderators have been told to ignore any message resembling this. Ive even been ignored on server fourms.

EJRONAN

Jul 29, 2019
what i did is it downloaded the mods right it just wouldn't start i took all of the mods and i downloaded forge mod loader and set them in my default minecraft client

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
what i did is it downloaded the mods right it just wouldn't start i took all of the mods and i downloaded forge mod loader and set them in my default minecraft client

I need a console log to help you out. Remember to use pastebin if you post a log.

AlexFrostII

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys whenever I start up FTB then go to server then join the BladeCraft server it crashes instantly the second I join. I was searching for a solution and I found that it might be because the server has some mods disabled that i don't.

Does anyone know if this is true (and what mods are disabled so that i can join). Or if not do you know what is wrong?? o_O

Thanks

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Hey guys whenever I start up FTB then go to server then join the BladeCraft server it crashes instantly the second I join. I was searching for a solution and I found that it might be because the server has some mods disabled that i don't.

Does anyone know if this is true (and what mods are disabled so that i can join). Or if not do you know what is wrong?? o_O

Thanks

I would suggest speaking to an admin and find out.