[Direwolf20] (1.6.4) Harvester problem?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I have a farm hooked up to a leadstone RF thingy, lol. With a steam dynamo. I have itemducts going to barrels, and of course conduits going to the planter and harvester. The Planter works flawlessly (it looks like) but the harvester will break one block, then completely stop. I have a tin upgrade in it.

EDIT: Yeah I just manually harvested my crops, and the planter is working flawlessly.

My harvester isn't even ticking. At all. Like the idle bar should be jumping when its not actualyl doing anything right? It's just on 5/5 all the time

Last edited:

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
you need to set the duct to pull items out. MFR harvesters don't auto output. crecent hammer the duct and if that don't work pnumatic servo and set redstone control to disabled

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Did that too :p.

It has something to do with my filters, I removed them and it worked out. But I plan on having half wheat and half potatoes or something like that and I really need the filters to work.

EDIT:
I'm an idiot, i was using blacklist, ROFL!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
LOLOL...

Just an FYI: you should always output a harvester directly into a chest first. This works as a buffer, as regular harvesting will net you an over abundance of seeds/saplings/what have you.
Without the buffer the tubes can get jammed quickly.

Reactions: Blue and Grydian2

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I use a barrel for each thing it outputs, and I have 4 tanks for the sludge. It hasn't jammed, yet.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
So the bottom gets power and the back gets items... where's the fluid output? The sludge is gotta go somewhere, else it'll jam when the sludge tank is full. IF you want to avoid sludge, you can use a FLUID VOID PIPE from BC Extras, if you want to process it you can use the Sludge Boiler from MFR, and if you want to store it for wahtever reason put it in a tank. You can even make it INTO POWER with a reactant dynamo and some sugar.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So the bottom gets power and the back gets items... where's the fluid output? The sludge is gotta go somewhere, else it'll jam when the sludge tank is full. IF you want to avoid sludge, you can use a FLUID VOID PIPE from BC Extras, if you want to process it you can use the Sludge Boiler from MFR, and if you want to store it for wahtever reason put it in a tank. You can even make it INTO POWER with a reactant dynamo and some sugar.
Not it wont jam. Sludge will just get destroyed once it fills up if you don't remove it from the Harvesters. You do NOT have to remove it if you don't want to.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Not it wont jam. Sludge will just get destroyed once it fills up if you don't remove it from the Harvesters. You do NOT have to remove it if you don't want to.
To be fair, sludge has jammed harvesters in past versions.

Reactions: rhn

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. Well, I jammed it once, and then always remembered to output it. If it stopped jamming at one point I wouldn't know...

The other reason for harvester going LOLNOPE is chunkloading issues. If you unload and reload chunks sometimes MFR machines will just stop working. A chunkloader always on it should keep that from happening.