Direwolf20 1.6.4 Crashing

J

Juner

I have been playing Direwolf20's 1.6.4 modpack for the last few days without any problems... That is until today. When I tried loading up the game it just wouldn't load up the modpack. When it crashed it didn't even let me see the crash report even though it gave me an option to do so. But it did say this:

It looks like you are using an unsupported modified version of the game.

The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown character '' in '/config/MapWriter.cfg:1'

Please Help!!! I love this modpack and i would hate to not be able to play anymore!!!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Everything in 1.6.4 is unsupported at this point ;).
So let us see if we can help you. But to start with we will need the full crash report. If you look in your save folder there should be a crash report folder. Open that with notepad or some other text editor. Then go to http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ and copy paste the contents of that crash report to that page. When done it will give you a URL in the address bar of your web browser. Copy that and post it here so we can look at that report.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I have been playing Direwolf20's 1.6.4 modpack for the last few days without any problems... That is until today. When I tried loading up the game it just wouldn't load up the modpack. When it crashed it didn't even let me see the crash report even though it gave me an option to do so. But it did say this:

It looks like you are using an unsupported modified version of the game.

Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown character '' in '/config/MapWriter.cfg:1'

Please Help!!! I love this modpack and i would hate to not be able to play anymore!!!
Remove MapWriter.cfg from your config folder. Then try to restart the modpack.

Maybe this is a signature, maybe it is not. Who knows?