Direwolf20 1.5 Server Stutter

mikster5000

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,
I am sorry if this is the wrong format or anything. Or if there is a fix and i did not see it.

Me and my friends have a 1.5.2 DW20 server we play on (downloaded from the launcher). Since we got it up yesterday we get this weird stuttering effect. Everything stops then jumps forwards and so on. Its not real bad and its playable but definitely annoying.

The server is running current with 3 GB RAM and its on PC with the good enough specs it should have no trouble.

We have tried hosting on 3 different machines all on different networks with different providers with varying amounts of RAM. Each machine is a custom gaming rig with killer specs so i know that's not the issue.

Biomes a plenty is not installed. And all config settings are default except for the name of the world and that stuff.

I was wondering if anyone knows a fix or what the cause is. Is there a mod we should remove or something like that? .cfg change?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks Alot

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Game freezes or you can still walk around but everything around you (mob/farms) stop running?

mikster5000

Jul 29, 2019
No Sorry if i wasn't clear. Say a player is running forward. they would appear to be stopping and then zipping forward. when the player himself just sees a normal walk. Also Chests and Crafting interfaces take a second or two to populate. Everything is smooth as butter on DW20 1.4.7 server. its only on 1.5.2 we get the issue. and we like the mods in 1.5

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Packet overload is what it sounds like. Happened on my server when player decided to make a 500x500 mffs shield. As for you all since you said it was from the begining I am a bit confused. I always use MCPC instead of the default jar so no clue if that is the reason I don't get it constantly (MCPC does have netty for packet handling which is a very different method then vanilla, and faster)

mikster5000

Jul 29, 2019
That was one of my hypotheses. Do you know how to increase the packet size on a (straight from the launcher) server? Thanks for the help by the way.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean buffer size then not really. On the host machine check firewalls and what not as there is going to be alot more stuff going threw and it might just be overloading it now.