[Direwolf20 1.5 Pack] Direnews video Carification

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 just released Episode 3 of his DireNews videos. For those how happen to not have seen it:

I might be misunderstanding. I assumed that because the the pack was no longer private and there were a few mod updates that I was going to be prompted to update the version of the modpack that I have now.

Is the update not showing up because I have to delete the old pack since it was private? Is the video and actual update just out of sync? Or did I just misunderstand and there's no update so nothing needs to be done?

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand from this and reading the updates slowpoke makes, I believe the answer is yes regarding moving to this new version of the pack. Basically the private packs are their own one offs not meant to be updated, just tests for what works, what does't, and what just doesn't fit at all in the modpack. However the option to keep the map you were using could still work.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand from this and reading the updates slowpoke makes, I believe the answer is yes regarding moving to this new version of the pack. Basically the private packs are their own one offs not meant to be updated, just tests for what works, what does't, and what just doesn't fit at all in the modpack. However the option to keep the map you were using could still work.

Yeah, I don't think I'll bother keeping the map. From experience too many IDs change when updating from one version to another of the same pack (unless they started being careful about that now).

Edit: I closed the launcher and reopened it and the new version of Direwolf's pack popped up. Version 1.1.0. Version 1.0.0 is still there as a completely different pack. I guess it just took a few minutes to show up.

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm, suprised no one said anything about the fact that logistics pipes is finnaly back :D (and smp compatible as well)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I don't think I'll bother keeping the map. From experience too many IDs change when updating from one version to another of the same pack (unless they started being careful about that now).

Edit: I closed the launcher and reopened it and the new version of Direwolf's pack popped up. Version 1.1.0. Version 1.0.0 is still there as a completely different pack. I guess it just took a few minutes to show up.

I upgraded my server from Unleashed 1.0.3 to Unleashed 1.1.1 and didn't have any ID problems with my world/map. DireWolf20 is mostly a subset of Unleashed, so it's likely there are no ID conflicts as well. Try it and if there are ID conflicts, you can downgrade.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I upgraded my server from Unleashed 1.0.3 to Unleashed 1.1.1 and didn't have any ID problems with my world/map. DireWolf20 is mostly a subset of Unleashed, so it's likely there are no ID conflicts as well. Try it and if there are ID conflicts, you can downgrade.

I went from Dire 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 (or whatever the version numbers are) of 1.5 and there were a few ID conflicts. Didn't seem to affect much since I hadn't really built much on the world in question, so I assume it was all generation stuff anyways and thus not really important.

In past versions of the 1.4.7 packs. At least as far as the direwolf20 1.4.7 packs are concerned. It was a little more dangerous to update your pack because conflict IDs would happen all the time. For the last little while though either because mod authors have been working together for a while or because the FTB team is more careful in this regard when setting up the modpacks and subsequent updates, but I've gotten a lot less ID conflicts when updating.