Direwolf20 1.18 world killing bug with thermal and blue ice.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

SoBigSoBad

May 14, 2022
reproduction steps
1. using thermal unpacking die in multiservo press to convert blue ice block to 9 packed ice blocks
2. working arrow fills. at completion point world freezes and then crashes. Error message is red bar in launcher. world has crashed or externally closed.
3. world will crash on reload.

reproduced in test world and creative world.

If anyone knows how I can delete the multiservo press and restore my world I would love a hint. its about 20 hours old and I was getting ready to automate obsidian

Thanks

lord_ne

May 19, 2022
reproduction steps
1. using thermal unpacking die in multiservo press to convert blue ice block to 9 packed ice blocks
2. working arrow fills. at completion point world freezes and then crashes. Error message is red bar in launcher. world has crashed or externally closed.
3. world will crash on reload.

reproduced in test world and creative world.

If anyone knows how I can delete the multiservo press and restore my world I would love a hint. its about 20 hours old and I was getting ready to automate obsidian

Thanks
Had the same issue. I used a world editor program called Amulet Editor to open up the world and delete that block, after which the world opened properly.

However, when I opened the world one of my chests had become glitched (Sophisticated Storage gold chest, the inventory became empty and the chest part of the texture became transparent). I'm not sure if that's because of Amulet or because of the original crash. Either way, make a backup before editing.

I happened to have an automatic backup from 5 minutes before the crash, so I'm just going to use that instead of trying to edit it further.

Last edited: