direwolf20 1.12 Running at 1FPS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Carcioghiotto

Jul 29, 2019
Title direwolf20 1.12 Running at 1FPS

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Presents direwolf20 1.12

Modpack version 2.2.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue The Modpack runs at 1FPS, i don't think it is an hardware problem, i have a ryzen5 2600 with 16gb of ram and a RX580 graphics card. I have Java ver. 1.8.0_51 64bit and in the twitch launcher i allocated 6gb of Ram. the problem persist on other modpack but not on vanilla minecraft. Can someone help me figure out what to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carcioghiotto

Jul 29, 2019
video card driver is the latest and java is the 64 bit version found on the java site, downloaded today... can i update it in another way?

Carcioghiotto

Jul 29, 2019
updated java but nothing. The game is umplayable from the get go, i log in and the framerate is 1fps stable.

Vyre

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same issue. I have an AMD RYZEN with the RX580 graphics card. All mod packs run at 1-3 fps. I have found that only the FTB lite 3 seems to run. My trouble seemed to have started after I upgraded the graphics software. I believe I was on 17.1 for the graphics driver and it ran fine, but am now on 18 something. If I can find an official older version from amd, I'll try putting that back and see if that is causing my issue.

Carcioghiotto

Jul 29, 2019
The problem can be solved downloading foamfix and deactivating the animated texture in the .cfg file. Doing that solved my problem.

Reactions: adamich
G

Grinz

The problem can be solved downloading foamfix and deactivating the animated texture in the .cfg file. Doing that solved my problem.

This took my fps from 1 to 143. Thank you.

Foamfix is part of the direwolf20 pack, by the way, so all you need to do is edit the mod options in that mod.