Direwolf 20 - first mods to master?

O

ondraber

Hi, i recently started playing the Direwolf 20 modpack at 1.7.10 build, but i dont know which mods to start with. I know ic2 well and buildcraft little bit and some small parts of the others and thats all, which mods should i focus to learn now? Thanks for you help

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Probably thermal expansion and rftools if you want to focus on tech. I wold suggest you take a quick look through his video titles as well, that might be useful.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, take a look at tinker's construct for your tools. These are without a doubt some of the best tools you can make. However, learn to customize them for you. Don't do what Dire does. While he good at showing the basics of how to do something he doesn't always choose the best way or best materials.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Tinker's Construct is a good early-game starting mod for making good tools. Cool fun fact: right click with a pick in your hand and torches in either the next slot (or if your pick is slot 1, then torches in slot 0), you will place said torch. For this alone, TiCo is amazing.

From there, go cave diving for all the various resources. Then check out a tech mod. Either Thermal Expansion or EnderIO. Also try to get a Smeltery up for metallic tools. Once you've got basic ore doubling up and running, try something like Thaumcraft (Scan All The Things) or Botania. Botania, in particular, can be used to make some really useful trinkets.

O

ondraber

Thanks, i have some ic2 ore doubling and quarry running, automatic tree farm, somehow running so im going to do the tinkers now, thanks