Direwolf 20 chunk reset

JackyS

Jul 29, 2019
So, me and my sister have been playing direwolf20 pack over LAN (building, pranking) and recently something weird happened. I joined just like usually, and spotted that half of my house is replaced with hill. So after of couple minutes of trying to find backup (which is nowhere to be found), I started to "redecorating". After I finished with "redecorating", I created two backups, but unfortunately parts of my sister house also went MIA, and were also changed with hill. Another thing, we were building in plains biome, but reseted chunks were heatland (we did created a world using biomes o plenty generation).

So, we found a backup (before parts her house were reseted, but my house was still reseted), and disabled heatland from generation. Of course, some parts of my house was still in heatland, but her house was OK.
And this happens when we exit and enter the game, the same chunk got reseted, but this time with plains biome (since we disabled heatland).

Finally, my question are:
1. WHY DID THIS HAPPEND?!
2. how can we stop it?
3. how can we know that it won't happened again?

P.S. We did add couple of mods, and those are: Metallurgy 3, Soul Shards 2, Better Storage, Advanced Machines, Extra Tinker (plugin for metallurgy and tinker's construct)
P.P.S There isn't crash report, nor in console, because it didn't crash, and in console there is nothing unusual about chunks, or reseting.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
1. Unfortunately chunk resets can happen unfortunately.
2. I don't know if there is anything you can do to stop them. I would suggest keeping a backup of your world.
3 You can't know. But keeping a backup will help if you were ever to lose your world.

Edit: The plugin you added was it the one that will allow you to smelt metallurgy ores in the tinkers smeltery.

Edit 2: I would suggest removing the Soul Shards 2 mod as I believe it has not been updated for a while and was known to cause issues. Also it is not like the previous version.

JackyS

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, extra tinker (or something like that) adds metallurgy support for tinker's construct.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The recent updates may have changed the biomes for bop which probably changed the biome from what was originally there when you created the world.

tommy3244

Jul 29, 2019
I recently discovered a way (that worked for me) to foil chunk resets (sometimes) if the reset was on start. If the reset was on the start of the game, DO NOT HIT ESCAPE (especially if on singleplayer), but instead hit your chat key and navigate to where the save is in any sort of file explorer. Copy your save, then close minecraft (Just hit the X button or the equivalent on your OS). When opening the world again, open the copy and continue using it as a regular save, backing up regularly. Repeat this process when ever a chunk reset on startup occurs. Oh, and don't use quarries with enderchests and powered by ThermalExpansion's Redstone Flux energy via a conduit. I used this setup twice and both times the chunk the quarry was in reset.