direwolf 20 1.7.10 wont make it to menu

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

adsty2

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
direwolf 20 1.7.10 wont make it to menu
Launcher Version:
1.4.7 Build: 10407
Modpack:
direwolf 20 1.7.10
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
i have tried to launch the mod pack. it worked for a little while then crashed. it will nolonger make it past about two thirds of the way to the menu then it crashes and from what little i know about java it looks like its not printing a whole crash log. any help you can offer would be very nice. also im am running java 1.8.0 update 45 on windows 7 pro 64 bit on an amd radion hd 7470m with a intel i7 cpu with 4 gigs of ram to use out of my total six. sorry for posting so much but i want you to have as much info as i can offer to help you

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Hey try to delete your java versions and reinstall them :) Also since you have 4GB to just client out of 6Gb of ram you can not really do to much while playing the game. Windows 7 uses 2GB of ram so you are spiking your ram. try 3GB to the client if that does not work then try to reinstall the java. Also do not forget to get 32bit and 64 bit java :)

adsty2

Jul 29, 2019
i have tried reinstalling java and it has not fixed the problem. it still crashed at the same place

adsty2

Jul 29, 2019
i cant update my drivers. it causes some weird things to happen and nothing really works after i update the drivers

adsty2

Jul 29, 2019
i have tried from amd's auto update tool and also by looking on amds site. it launches now. but its grabbing my Intel card and im only pulling 10 fps and i cant get in to switch options because catalyst control center wont load up.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
you might be able to change something in your BIOS but that means it will always use your amd card, even when you are doing absolutely nothing

adsty2

Jul 29, 2019
im admin locked out from the man that referbed my pc. and he no longer works for the company so we cant reach him to see about that.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
well, I suggest you get that fixed if that means you can't get to your BIOS. Does your account have admin rights?
and what happens when you try to run catalyst control center ?

adsty2

Jul 29, 2019
i am the admin and sole account on my laptop and on a side not the bios has three accounts i have gotton into the lower two and they are greyed out in all the options that do anything. and as for catalyst it just does not open. no error just does not open

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I have never had something like that, sorry can't help you. maybe google can?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
i am the admin and sole account on my laptop and on a side not the bios has three accounts i have gotton into the lower two and they are greyed out in all the options that do anything. and as for catalyst it just does not open. no error just does not open

What model of laptop do you have? When you have that then go to their website to get the latest driver e.g Dell, HP, ASUS.

if you are still having issues then I suggest googling how to remove the password from the bios.