Problem Direwolf 1.4.7 to 1.5.2 update trouble

GmanNL

Jul 29, 2019
  • What OS are you running?
-Windows 7 SP1 64bit
  • Are you using minecraft hosting provider or a dedicated/local server not designed for minecraft?
-its a desktop pc dedicated to hosting a MC server
  • What version of FTB are you using? (Dont just say latest tell us the version)
-i am running 1.4.7 and i want to go to 1.5.2
  • Did you add any mods to the server pack?
No, i did remove mystcraft on the old server.
  • What are your server specs?
-It's a dell 7010, core i3, 4gig memory, runs fine.
  • A good detailed paragraph about the problem
Hello,

I host a "out of the box" FTB Direwolf20 1.4.7 server for +- 1 month now, me and my friends enjoy playing it a lot.
(This is the first time I manage an MC server myself).
When 1.5.2 came out we got excited and i tried to update immediately while keeping all our items and our world.
So far I have no succes and I hope you can help. I REALLY searched for anything related to updating an FTB server but there is hardly any information out there (or i didn't find it).

I made a backup of the old server, made a new folder and unzipped the latest direwolf 1.5.2 server file.
I copy-ed the server.properties file, whitelist and our world name (campthebeast).
I did not change anything in the mod config files so I didn't copy that map.

Then the First error i got:

Adjust your config to match the IDs used by the map or convert your
map to use the IDs specified in the config.

See also: config/IC2.cfg campthebeast/ic2_map.cfg
So it seems item id's are changed, ok makes sense.
So I renamed the campthebeast/ic2_map.cfg to campthebeast/ic2_map.cfg.org.
While starting the server the correct cfg is placed in the worldmap.
After that I can start the server with the following error in the console:
[WARNING] Skipping TileEntity with id RPSolar
We can connect but items are missing or replaced with random items.
So I looked further for a solution, I found the mIDasGold tool, it changes items in your world which seems what we need.
I compared the old IC2.cfg and the new one, saw the same itemnames with other numbers, so I made the patchfile for mIDasGold and "updated" the savegame (our world directory).
Again it starts and we can connect, BUT that pretty much destroys all our build stuff making updating pretty worthless.
So my questions now:
Is updating from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2 (direwolf20 pack) possible while maintaining your old world?
If yes, how?

JunkyPic

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.5.2 version removed several mods and added new ones...an update may not be possible at all.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
These packs are not meant or designed to be interoperable. 1.4.7 is meant to have followed DireWolf20's Season 5 SSP, while 1.5.2 is meant to follow DireWolf20's current SMP season on ForgeCraft1.

GmanNL

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks, i understand now.
New season, new pack.
We keep on playing 1.4.7 for a while now until we get bored.