Direwofl20 Pack Plugins

taintedcake003

Jul 29, 2019
My friend owns a Server that is currently being setup by the server host company to run the Direwofl20 pack, we need a list of plugins to put on the server, just basic ones for ranks, grief protection, chest locking, but we don't know which ones work with the Direwolf20 pack. So far all we know that we're going to add is essentials. Anyone know of other plugins that would be helpful and do work on the Direwolf20 Pack? I may be wrong but the Direwolf20 Pack is not bukkit supported yet. If I am wrong about that please correct me.

mindlesspuppetz

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to use Bukkit with FTB is to use MCPC+ to make Forge/Bukkit play nicely together, though it is still new and is a bit buggy. As I am switching away from it currently, I can tell you (This is a bukkit plugin so you need MCPC+) SecureChests is the only chest locking plugin I could find that works with the many different chests as it allows for custom itemIDs to be added into the config. We are currently using but about to move away from, Towny, Essentials, LogBlock, SecureChests, WorldBorder, and World Edit with MCPC+ run them. We're replacing Towny with MyTown for Forge. Essentials with ForgeEssentials (Has WorldEdit and WorldBorder included), LogBlock with Forge Log Block (currently does not have rollback support unfortunately), dropping chest locking altogether, MyTown will handle that chests in towns and users will need to use personal safes for in the wilderness.
I hope this helps you some with your server.

mindlesspuppetz

Jul 29, 2019
We went from Bukkit to Forge/MCPC+/Bukkit. The Bukkit server only ever had scheduled down time, never crashed on us for months and months. Soon as we went the other way, DynMap started having memory leaks, MystCraft had memory leaks, Xycraft tanks cause crashes, Essentials for bukkit had numerous errors with handling requests. I commend the creators of MCPC+ for all the hard work they are doing to try and make Forge and Bukkit work together, but it still has a ways to go in my opinion. Right now, using MCPC+, we are lucky if our server doesn't crash from an error, get a out of memory error (we're using 8gb and it is happening when like only 3 people are online), crash due to maxed out CPU, or straight up just hang once every 2-3 hours. In the business of trying to make a decent server for your members, this is not a good way to run a "business". Granted, it might not be -all- MCPC+'s fault, the FTB modpacks do have a LOT of mods and even in a straight Forge environment, they can cause errors and crash. But I have run the server for a week without issues without MCPC+ successfully, so I think there's still some bugs to work out. Use the info how you'd like. If you can deal with the every 3 hours crash thing, by all means use MCPC+, I cannot afford it, though, as I have a family and other things to take care of instead of watching my server like a hawk to restart it.

*This is by no means meant to be insulting or harsh, I am just offering my honest opinion of MCPC+. I am looking forward to where the project goes and hope they work out the bugs, as some Bukkit plugins are for more advanced than what you can find for Forge right now. I would love to see more developers jump onto the Forge bandwagon, however, as I think Forge is far more powerful and will one day put Bukkit on the backburner for server solutions.