Dimensional shard ore in FTB Beyond

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
X

Xenulus

Is anyone else not finding ANY of this stuff? Max size quarries (builder block w/ quarry upgrade thing) running in the end and nether, focusing only at dimensional shard ore level (Y level 2 through 38 in the nether). Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Tried a void ore miner from environmental tech. Nothing. I'm on singleplayer so leaving the game running overnight is effective for mining.
I watched Hypnotizd's FTB Beyond video, episode 15. At the 7 minute mark in the end he just goes off and finds one of these shard ores so I know SOME people are finding them. I have manually searched the underside of the end islands for a solid few hours with nothing showing up. What the crap is going on here?

Waiting for someone to just say I'm unlucky. Really? 3 quarry runs in a 32x32 chunk area is "unlucky"? Sorry, but I kinda refuse to believe that. Suggestions or requests for game file info is welcomed.

Last edited:

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
You find them only in rftools generated dimensions as you would easily know by simply googling it

X

Xenulus

I wasn't aware that the end and nether were rftools generated dimensions. I have watched people play this very mod pack and find this ore in these vanilla dimensions.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
Infact they are not, probably hypno placed that block there before or there was some weird bug
Generate an rf tools dimension and set up your quarry there

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
thay do generate in nether ive found a few at lava level and lower seems to be fairly rare

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, keep in mind the FTB team did custom ore generation using COFH. So it does spawn in non RFTools dimensions for this pack. I know I have found it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There's no RFTools Dimensions in Beyond, so they manually adjusted the configs to allow it to exist. I've found one, so it's not impossible to find, but it's not exactly common. Hypno probably spent several hours finding that ore.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
There's no RFTools Dimensions in Beyond, so they manually adjusted the configs to allow it to exist. I've found one, so it's not impossible to find, but it's not exactly common. Hypno probably spent several hours finding that ore.

Update to the latest beta release of Beyond and you will find that RFTools Dimensions has been added to the pack.

X

Xenulus

I am running the latest version of the pack so I do have dimensions installed. But are there any possible explanations as to why there don't seem to be any of this stuff in my world?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You find them only in rftools generated dimensions as you would easily know by simply googling it
There are a few completely legitimate and acceptable ways of improving one's knowledge about modded Minecraft. A couple include:
  • Googling and hoping you find your answer
  • Asking in a friendly community.
I like to think that the latter applies to this particular community.

Having said that:
Is anyone else not finding ANY of this stuff?
Update to the latest beta release of Beyond and you will find that RFTools Dimensions has been added to the pack.
I am running the latest version of the pack so I do have dimensions installed. But are there any possible explanations as to why there don't seem to be any of this stuff in my world?
Did you start your world before Dimensions was added? If so, you will need to visit "new" chunks that weren't already generated prior to your update. RFTools may also support a retrogen capability (check its configs) to "fix" your world if it existed prior to dimensions being added.

I believe FTB Beyond now also has cofh mods (Thermal Expansion etc?) If so, you may be able to cheat by using the cofh clearblocks capability to wipe our stone/dirt/etc from the dimension and seeing what ores are loading. Backup your stuff first.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Cofh was in the first release version I played, and it didn't have Dimensions, but I didn't find the ore before the update.

X

Xenulus

I really can't remember if I started my world before dimensions was added. Though I know for a fact that I have explored new chunks since it was added. I'll try going out really far in the nether and trying the quarry again.

X

Xenulus

I believe FTB Beyond now also has cofh mods (Thermal Expansion etc?) If so, you may be able to cheat by using the cofh clearblocks capability to wipe our stone/dirt/etc from the dimension and seeing what ores are loading. Backup your stuff first.

Thanks for that suggestion!
I did some fiddling with that and it turns out that the dimensional shard ore does not spawn in the nether or end in versions 1.2.1 or 1.2.0, despite JEI showing it does. I loaded a world in 1.1.0, used the cofh clearblocks command in the nether and found it instantly. Looks like something the pack author should remove from JEI just to keep things up-to-date and organized.

Thank you all, especially Pyure for informing me of this command, for your input.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
To help anyone who is looking for the shard ore without playing with dimlets, running version 1.2.1 I setup an Environmental Tech Void Ore miner level 1 and was able to get 6 in about an hour without any additional lens adjustment. Of course your RNG may vary...

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
To help anyone who is looking for the shard ore without playing with dimlets, running version 1.2.1 I setup an Environmental Tech Void Ore miner level 1 and was able to get 6 in about an hour without any additional lens adjustment. Of course your RNG may vary...
just watch out for the ?firestone? ore (from railcraft). putting in your inventory can be the end of a flammable base.

environmental tech quaries seem to generate all the ores.

Reactions: KingTriaxx