Different zombie types

Klonken321

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, im kind of new to feed the beast (played about 2 weeks now) and i was thinking about how the different types of zombies appear, because i dont think i have any zombie brains ..
how does angry zombies/brainy zombies spawn? just randomly or does it have something to do with flux in thaumcraft?
also im worried that because i installed mo'creatures from the start that the angry zombies etc isnt spawning properly .. ?

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it is just random world zombie spawn. The don't come our of vanilla zombie spawners I know for sure. I haven't seen flux affect it either.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
well, not really too sure as I don't spend a lot of time running around fighting mobs.

Don't know if this will help you or not but this is how I easily find them.
I use Misa's texture pack. In the all of the vanilla mobs have different skins. The Zombies from Thaumcraft look like vanilla mobs, this makes it easy to find and kill them while avoiding the mobs you just don't want to kill.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it is just random world zombie spawn. The don't come our of vanilla zombie spawners I know for sure. I haven't seen flux affect it either.

flux can have an effect in so: if you are near an unstable or evil node a brainy zombie can spawn as a giant angry zombie that is half a block taller & about x4 times stronger & 3-4 times the hp, I have not seen these spawn any place but near the stated nodes so there has to be a link.

as to the rest you have it covered yep there a TC addition, one way to get them to spawn is a mossy dark room but again its random, you are just forcing mods to spawn in a set spot, 1 in 5 can/should be a brainy but you get lots of skellies too

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
well, not really too sure as I don't spend a lot of time running around fighting mobs.

Don't know if this will help you or not but this is how I easily find them.
I use Misa's texture pack. In the all of the vanilla mobs have different skins. The Zombies from Thaumcraft look like vanilla mobs, this makes it easy to find and kill them while avoiding the mobs you just don't want to kill.
I've made a Misa style Angry Zombie texture. Once I see their evil glowing red eyes, I think, oh hell, and fight for my life.... Number of times I've died to angry zombies. They are a fairly common spawn.

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
I was having shortages of brains until I got my endermen grinder going in the end, took 10 minutes to make a tier 5 endermen shard took a few minutes to attune a new shard to angry zombie and then put them in the anvil to turn the angry zombie shard into a tier 5 angry zombie shard. From there I had to decide how I wanted to kill the zombies. Fall traps are boring, so I considered 2 other options. The projectile cart from steve's carts 2 and the portal gun turrets. I went with the portal gun turrets just so that I wouldn't have to refuel the cart all the time as I didn't want to make a special section to charge solar engines. Now I turn on the shard for a few seconds, let about 30 angry zombies build up and then shut it off and watch the carnage. water pushes the zombies away from the turrets and towards the transposers which pick up the drops and feed them back to my storage area with the pressing of an obsidian pressure plate. I now have too many brains but I turn the grinder on every now and then just to watch the turrets go.