Diesel/oil sands

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to nerf fuel, I believe you can change the burn value in the BuildCraft config. Though, you would also want to change the value in other mods that use fuel e.g. PetroGen, GregTech, etc.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
PetroGen already is in the MindCrack pack, and will likely be in Ultimate when that is finished. All that remains is for DrCeph here to code this feature and for it to be updated. :)

Yup, stay tuned - shouldn't take terribly long!

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, is there a way to automatically change your configs depending on which mods you have installed? If that's possible, you might want to make oil/fuel worth less than normal if you have Extra Bees enabled since that adds oil producing bees. A single one of those bees and feed like 4-6 combustion engines, if that's a good indication.

There isn't really any technical reason against it. However I think it is pretty difficult to balance automatically for any modpack of a decent size - too many variables with all of the mods changing balance in one way or another.

You can, however, manually change the oil/fuel EU values in the config file should you wish.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
As for automatically balancing, it might go against some people too.

I mean, how do you expect to make an accurate wiki if the values keep changing?
Plus, a lot of people seem to hate bees, I don't know why, but that's a fact.
So if you lower fuel value based on that, you are basically screwing those that don't intend to use the alternate route that the bees are.