Did Rope ladders change?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Basically title.

I've decided to play Direwolf20's pack and follow his season 7 and basically do what he does but in my own world. All has gone well so far until I go to the rope ladders. It seems like have changed. Instead of making a ladder down to the bottom it's just putting 1 ladder block down. If I use all 8 then it only puts down 8 ladder blocks at a time and doesn't roll to the bottom.

So did it change? Or am I some how doing this wrong?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Basically title.

I've decided to play Direwolf20's pack and follow his season 7 and basically do what he does but in my own world. All has gone well so far until I go to the rope ladders. It seems like have changed. Instead of making a ladder down to the bottom it's just putting 1 ladder block down. If I use all 8 then it only puts down 8 ladder blocks at a time and doesn't roll to the bottom.

So did it change? Or am I some how doing this wrong?
How many individual ladders are in the stack in your hand when you place them? Whenever you try to place a rope ladder, it will continue taking ladders out of your hand until either it reaches the bottom or you run out. If you place a stack of eight ladders, it'll go down at most eight blocks. If you use a full stack, it'll go down at most 64.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
So it was changed!

In the direwolf video I was watching he just needed 1 ladder to make it to the bottom. Damn... time to go sheep/spider hunting.

That is a bit of a rip off though. Unless you got a sheep farm and mods to help turn wool into string you'll be hard press to get all that string needed. Then if you were unfortunate to place it wrong you'll have to deal with it. Breaking the ladders yeilds nothing in return.

Oh well... thank anyway!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So it was changed!

In the direwolf video I was watching he just needed 1 ladder to make it to the bottom. Damn... time to go sheep/spider hunting.

That is a bit of a rip off though. Unless you got a sheep farm and mods to help turn wool into string you'll be hard press to get all that string needed. Then if you were unfortunate to place it wrong you'll have to deal with it. Breaking the ladders yeilds nothing in return.

Oh well... thank anyway!

The Direwolf20 pack includes Natura, which has cotton plants, which produce cotton that can be combined into string or wool. I know that thaumcraft golems can farm them properly so I'm sure that MFR can too...