Diamond Pipes not working?

Elusive

Jul 29, 2019
I have a chain of diamond pipes hooked up to barrels, so anyone on the server can empty their inventory into a chest and ti gets pumped out and sorted automatically.
All the filters have been set properly and It was working great and everything was being sorted properly. Now, nothing gets sorted at all. ANYTHING that goes through the system goes all the way to the end and spit out.

I've tried resetting the filters, and even breaking the pipe and replacing/resetting the filter and it still isn't sorting. Does anyone know what could be going on?

Also, I have another diamond pipe setup with my quarry so that all of the useless crap(dirt, cobble, sand, gravel, etc.) gets pumped into barrels and everything else goes into chests, and it's still working just fine.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If you have them available, I'd suggest attaching Insertion Pipes onto the barrels. There's two different ones added by different mods that I can't remember off the top of my head (been a while since I've used tech in a pack), but one is green and the other is blue. Both functionally should do the same thing of always trying to put an item into an adjacent inventory, and if a valid one isn't available, move the item on to the next pipe.

Just did a quick search (not on my gaming box), and I think the two mods are Thermal Expansion and Additional Buildcraft Objects.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Did you hook the pipes up on top of the barrels. They only accept input from their top side.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization in 1.6 allows you to turn/configure the facing of the barrels with a plain old BC wrench. But, the "in 1 face only" and "out only the opposite face" behavior is the same.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR Deep Storage Unit is my always-replacement for Barrels.
I also often make use of the MFR Item Router, which is similar to a Diamond Pipe but has a nice "Reject Unmapped Items : Yes/No" config option.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh.... a DSU with a barrel next to it! DSU takes the overflow, barrel allows quick and easy use/display of the item :D

(DSU takes item in, outputs to barrel. Once barrel is full, DSU will just hang on to it)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh.... a DSU with a barrel next to it! DSU takes the overflow, barrel allows quick and easy use/display of the item :D

(DSU takes item in, outputs to barrel. Once barrel is full, DSU will just hang on to it)

Hm, yeah you know DSUs really need an upgrade or soemthing that can be applied to show the contents.

Reactions: PierceSG