Diamond Pipes don't connect to Factorization Barrels

Mathemusician

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there! I searched the forums and saw nothing fully about this. I saw related issues but none that matched this. If there is already a thread on this, please tell me. Also, if this is in the wrong area, tell me and I will relocate it myself. I was told it goes here.
I am using the 1.4.7 Ultimate pack. No third-party mods were added.

Anyways, for some reason barrels don't like Buildcraft. I had a row of diamond pipes with each connected to two barrels: one on top and one on bottom. It worked when I first set it up. Everything went where it was supposed to go.
Of course, I logged out when I had to leave to go somewhere. I logged back in. I sent a few items through and saw that a few of them didn't go into the barrels. I looked at the diamond pipes to make sure they were correct. They were set up right, but the hit boxes on the pipes weren't correct. Some pointed to the barrels, but other ones didn't. The pipe itself looked like it was still touching the barrels. I logged out and logged back on again and saw all of the hit boxes changed again, yet other than that was perfectly normal.

I wouldn't be worried about this, but it seems like those lovely pneumatic tubes I switched to to fix these problems may become non-existent soon, along with how much I hate the sorting machines. Does anyone have any idea of why it does this? Is it fixed in 1.5.x-1.6.x updates if they came out already?

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Barrels are supposed to only be filled from the top. As far as I know, you can fill them up to the first full stack from the bottom due to how they work, but that is supposed to be the output side. Does that explain what you are seeing?

Mathemusician

Jul 29, 2019
No, cynric, it doesn't. The problem also happens on barrels which are inputted through the top. It's not just the ones which are inputted through the bottom.

Aeronica

Jul 29, 2019
I find it happens sometimes for buildcraft pipes to stop working. I just break them and reassemble. That usually solves the problem for a while. I don't recommend using diamond pipes on barrels. Use an insertion pipe instead and just make sure you have at least one item in the barrel if you plan to sort.

Reactions: RedBoss

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
I find it happens sometimes for buildcraft pipes to stop working. I just break them and reassemble. That usually solves the problem for a while. I don't recommend using diamond pipes on barrels. Use an insertion pipe instead and just make sure you have at least one item in the barrel if you plan to sort.

1.4.7 ultimate; unless I've gotten something seriously wrong, KL didn't add insertion pipes until 1.5.

Mathemusician

Jul 29, 2019
Red, I kinda tore it down due to me switching to pneumatic tubes until this is fixed. I'll try to recreate it and when I do I'll upload the picture.
Aeronica, the only thing about that temporary solution is that it's only temporary. Also, I am pretty sure LPR is right, so that's not going to work.

I do know that this isn't true with the Iron Chests mod, so it has to be specifically with Factorization compatibility with BuildCraft.

Aeronica

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 ultimate; unless I've gotten something seriously wrong, KL didn't add insertion pipes until 1.5.

Oh I apologize, I believe you are correct. I thought I used them in DW20 1.4.7, but now that I think about it, it was probably the 1.5.1 Tekkit I tried out.