Detecting what kind of mob is in a safari net..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
So I am trying to build an autospawner setup, and because this is FTB and I have grown to love over-engineering every little thing, I have gotten myself into quite the snag. I am looking for a way to automatically detect what kind of mob is inside a safari net. Is there any way to do this that you guys know of? (Preferably with computercraft, but open to any suggestions)

Thanks!

If it would help anyone I would be more than willing to post pictures of my setup.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I am trying to build an autospawner setup, and because this is FTB and I have grown to love over-engineering every little thing, I have gotten myself into quite the snag. I am looking for a way to automatically detect what kind of mob is inside a safari net. Is there any way to do this that you guys know of? (Preferably with computercraft, but open to any suggestions)

Thanks!

If it would help anyone I would be more than willing to post pictures of my setup.
What I prefer to do is to use AE to handle the Safari nets. Its Precise Bus is able to tell the different nets apart, while the Fuzzy variant is not. I then use CC to toggle them by redstone signals.

The mechanism:
H5MKN5w.png

Chest storing net. Import bus's pull nets into Autospawners(attached through Storage bus as only inventory in network) on redstone signal. Fuzzy Export bus pulls nets out of spawner(s) and back into storage.

I have written a little script where I can control the spawning setup from a Touch Screen Monitor. I described the setup in this post:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-658213
There are further details here, as well as updates to the script which are necessary for 1.6.4 versions running CC1.6.3+:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-25#post-842776

Reactions: shockwave95