Detect redstone power level (signal strength) ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, I've tried them and the signal flip flops on and off when it reads the pool as full, but it's still being drawn upon. Not very accurate.
You could use an Empty condition to turn it on and an Full condition to turn it off again I think(I dont think it has the usual 25-50-75% conditions as on normal tanks that are useful for this kind of stuff normally).

If you use a second pool as a buffer you can avoid it running out of mana completely.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
That's exactly what I did. But when the Full Condition no longer applied, as when Mana was taken out of the Pool, the Redstone Signal was terminated. When more Mana was replaced to bring it back to Full, the signal reinstated. It would constantly turn on and off when the the Full level changed.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Time to go back to the BC pipes and an RS latch.

Use to BC gates. One to detect mana full the other to detect mana empty. Connect them to an RS latch as shown.

In the photo below the top gate is set to detect empty. The gate to the right is set to detect full. The RS latch only changes when you hit empty or hit full. You can of course you some other wire for the redstone signal.

2016-01-05_08.19.41.png